MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Everything to the Extreme
636 Posts
Not wimping out, sensible...

What you got anyway?

I put the Gixxer away for the winter back in September, it got new Avon Viper Supersorts on ready for the start of the season, a service and now sits up on the paddock stands wraped up in a blanket. Turns over every fortnight...

You in a club or anything? Any stories or stuff done? :beerchug

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got an SV650s.
I will be using it over the winter but want to avoid ice and salt!! its too much fun to lock it away for months

Only had it for about 4 months but already got through a set of tyres (3000miles on standard dunlops)), just had some Conti RoadAttacks fitted. Usually go out for rides with guys from work, i have to push hard to keep up with a cbr600rr!!

·
Everything to the Extreme
636 Posts
Some of the guys in the club rag me about it but I cant justify going out and not being able to use the thing the way it was designed...

I dont go out in the rain either... If it rains when out so be it but I dont set out to get wet...

We do Europe every year, tracks and twisty roads, booked up this year the plan being 3 days at The Ring although the dates for the track are not out yet...

Have you been to any BMF events?

We do Kelso each year, its a blast...

3000 miles is good going... I have had the Pirrelli Corsa S that came with the bike (sticky but bland), Dunlop 208's (grippy to the point you can feel the tyre dig its claws into the road) and both the Avon Viper Sport (Yes, Yes, Yes), and the Supersport, well if you fall off the road with these its your own fault coz they are sticky...

The Continentals, one of our members had a bad experience where after about 600 miles they delaminated with bubbles apearing all over the tread. They said it was a bad batch but it happened again with the replacement...

Nice talking, keep it shiny side up...

·
A real man from the Ministry
1,283 Posts
IvanTate said:
Came to work in the car!
Now't wrong with going to work in the car. I've been tooling up and down the A444 to work all summer on mine (on route to MIRA on the A5) and it's been a blast. My VFR is now tucked up in the garage ready for any bright dry days between now and the new season. The A444 get's a bit hairy in the autumn/winter months as there are a lot of tractors running up and down and some of the bends at the bottom near the A5 don't dry out very well. My car was slipping about last week so I decided that the season may have come to an end.

I run Bridgestone BT 020's on my bike as I like the touring capability of them and they last a good long while. I get lots of grip for them considering they're not sports tyres and because they retain their heat in bad weather compared to sports tyres they hang on really well in poor/wet conditions.

I did a training day earlier this year and the CBR600 (which I wasn't that impressed with power wise, handling yes, power no) had a set of Avon Viper Supersports on and the grip when they were up to temp was fantastic. They're like glue and they're very responsive and give a lot of feel especially at the front end. They dug in really well around the tighter corners much to my amazement. They're a good choice of tyre Mr Ivan and I'm usually a Bridgestone man for bikes. Contis for cars, B'stones for bikes, neither have let me down yes touch wood.

Can't wait for the summer months to pull back again unless the call of the road drags me out over the winter salt, or no salt!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts