Second Alan Hinkes.

Both mountaineers in case you were wondering

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Brian Redman - Has won every major endurance race apart from Le Mans. Has won in most categories of motor sport apart from Grand Prix. Badly burnt in The Targa, escaped after another crash when a Lola Can Am car flipped at 170mph. Always good for a quote too.

James Hunt - well what can you say about this chap that hasn't been written already. Shoot from the hip and face the consequences later! Great driver to boot as well.

John Towers and all the staff at MGR.

Geoff Leas - Regularly beat Nigel Mansell in F3, F2 etc. He was so timid and unassuming that he never got the recognition he deserved. Was racing up to 2001 season. A real dark horse. Suprised MG-Lola didn't sign him up as he still proved to be extremely fast.

Jim
Jim

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Nice website Climber, the shots of Stanage brought back a lot of good memories of some good days there. Flying Butress was one of my first 'leads'. I suppose I'm lucky as the peak is only about an hour away from here.

G

·
Off Topic

John (agree about Climber's site).

Yet another idea - would be interesting to produce a page under owners cars with the following listing:

OWNER - CARS OWNED - CAR WEBSITE (if appropraite) - NONE CAR WEBSITE.

Thoughts?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts