MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
It's mine m8 and yes it's fully working with 20k worth of miles on the charged motor.

Luv it and only reason I am selling is to purchase and even better zs :))

Paul.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
sounds like a proper beast :)

who did the work to get it reliable?

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Very nice, If I didnt have so much going on at the moment Id be very tempted.

Nice rgv as well, that looks top notch. Hope my bike could end up at half that quality!

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Good man!!!!!

Glad someone who knows their stuff and will look after it is having it, instead of some scumbag rich kid

·
Registered
385 Posts
Very nice, If I didnt have so much going on at the moment Id be very tempted.

Nice rgv as well, that looks top notch. Hope my bike could end up at half that quality!
Thx Jay,
I have owned the bike / motor for getting on 20 yrs and its on its 3rd build. 2nd one was featured in PB 2002 when we all went to a 2stroke frenzy at rockingham.
This last build has been on and off for the last 6yrs when i had the time and monies. The motor alone has had at least 6-7k sunk into it. Its a hell of a bike which wieghs nothing, with 100hp at the motor it just flew and surprised many a big bike on track days. It now has around 135 at the motor and it around 20k lighter than before so it wont be for the faint hearted, the power comes in like a turbo charger.
Would love to keep it but i dont ride on the roads anymore and i could never throw it round a track like i can with the gsxr.

cheers
P.

·
Registered
385 Posts
sounds like a proper beast :)

who did the work to get it reliable?
Its not that bad, you could always do with more power thou :))

upto 3-3500rpm it very much like the stock 180 but after that its a different ball game completely, put it this way i could never go back to owning a stock 180 once you hav tasted this. I had 2 at one point and the other had pipe and filter etc but it just felt like it ran out of puff at 5000rpm where this one just flys to the red line!

The Car was built by PTP and i think was owned by someone on the forum who parted with many thousands to have all the work done judging by the original receipts that i have. Between PTP, Sprintex and George at RSM they got the fuelling / timing and duration's on the 7th injector sorted and well it has covered 20k like that and is still going strong. I installed a wideband AFR just in case so i could keep a check on the fueling but all seems spot on.

TBH i would not be selling it for any other reason than getting the reylands motor, which i would i bought last time it came up on ebay but could not sort the funds at the time.

Cheers

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts