MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great debut for MG and the brand this weekend. Was a stonking performance by Plato! Loved every minute of it cheering MG on!!

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Re: Whe Watched the BTCC?

Guess whos Sky Hd + all singing all dancing box, stopped recording on lap 18 of race 3!!!!

Had to see it on youtube.

Was edge of the seat racing, Plato wrung its neck and surprised everyone.

If that was its shakedown début, can only get better and faster.

Roll on round 2.

Great racing, from the front to the back, cant beat BTCC.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,492 Posts

I caught most of it live but had to shot out durring the pause in race 3 so I told my daughters not to turn over and rewound it to watch the rest of the race - nail biting stuff.

I do wonder why motor sport has to be on Sunday afternoons, I have to leave the front door open and listern to it while I work on one of the cars.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

All 3 races were amazin!!! So much action.!!!!!
Made the F1 look boring

·
MG ZS 180 MKI
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Like Plato said, It sends a pretty BIG message down the padok to the rest of the teams :)

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Really annoyed I missed it. Knew it was on but doing bathroom refurb last two weeks. Had the other half watching channel to tell me when races started but just got carried away in my tasks. I love it. Far better than F1

·
Mercedes W638
1,854 Posts
I was there - near the start of the pit straight. :D

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
does anyone know just how much MG are supporting the team? is it a half arsed effort like before, or full manufacturer backing big budget jobbie

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Watched the lot and what great racing it was:) :MG:

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
does anyone know just how much MG are supporting the team? is it a half arsed effort like before, or full manufacturer backing big budget jobbie
Sufficient for MG to be officially listed as leading the Manufacturers Championship - the results speak for themselves!

Obviously there is a lot of support from Tesco too.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Sufficient for MG to be officially listed as leading the Manufacturers Championship - the results speak for themselves!

Obviously there is a lot of support from Tesco too.
I was amused by the Sun, they have paid to have their name on the cars but in Monday's edition they gave about an inch of column and manged to get the top 10 for each race and the championship placings for drivers and manufactures, contrast that with about 28 pages of football!

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
I was amused by the Sun, they have paid to have their name on the cars but in Monday's edition they gave about an inch of column and manged to get the top 10 for each race and the championship placings for drivers and manufactures, contrast that with about 28 pages of football!
Maybe BTCC fans only read The Sun online :confused:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...s-odds-to-win-in-first-BTCC-race-of-2012.html

Liked this bit: "The race was red-flagged. And Plato made the most of the break by giving himself a wee weight advantage by having a quick pee up against the spectator bank by the startline!" after Plato said to Louise "an enforced break was the perfect time to go for a drink of KX".

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
... Or maybe they couldn't find a way to embed the video into the paper!

This video is worth watching, JP's post race thoughts:

We took a brand new, untested MG to Brands Hatch for the first round of the British Touring Car Championship.

And we silenced all the doubters — and there were plenty of ’em — by winning a race and coming away in the lead of the championship.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...n-Plato-column-Cloud-nine-Im-on-cloud-10.html

·
MG6 GT TSE & MGZS 180
265 Posts
I was there - exciting stuff! Strange cheering on Plato though, lol, so spent most of it shouting for the MG instead ;)

The MG stand was in a prime location and had lots of interest too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts