MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they should give an option, don't forget the ZA and ZB had wood and leather. Also before the Germans took control of RR and Bentley, Rolls-Royce was to Bentley, what Rover is to MG, yet both RR and Bentley have wood and leather.
I love the 75 dash, but not grey ZT's dash. The 75 is too soft, but the ZT is just right. Externally both are excellent, you see for me neither, as they are, are perfect for me, but a combination of the 2 would be.

·
Registered
83 Posts
As long as its real wood! I've just picked up a Rover 45 courtacy car and it has that really naf fake stuff :eek: horrible! Whats even worse is I now have to drive around for a week with a litre of engine capacity missing :(

G

·
Cerbman

Thinking about your post. I too liked the 75 seats and dash and all the xtras that the Con version came with. When I owned it what was lacking was the handling and performance at low revs. Iadmit this is only if I'm being hypercritical, as on 99% of my driving the car suited all my needs.

However, I can't see why MGR couldn't mix and match, for me the 75 Con with the ZT's exterior and mechanicals, would be the roght combination. It shouldn't be too difficult to produce!

Climber

I agree that the wood effec dash on the 45 is somewhat lacking. but IMO the 75's was about right. Notice that the "technical" effect dash is the same shape and colour to tht fiited in the new MINI?

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Here are a couple of possibilities. 1st, A Rover 75 con with something similar to ZT power and suspension set up, for those who want a Wolf in Sheeps clothing and prefer the Rover name. 2nd, MG ZT190 with wood dash, sports leather seats and perhaps a chrome MG grille. These would be extra cost options and would make your MG or Rover your own VERY special car, but at a reasonable price.
Jerry Flint and XPower Admin, same person?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Pity of the poor guys trying to market those combinations. The perfect solution I feel is for you to get one of each and drive them day about:D

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought so, it takes a big man to change his mind and see the other persons point of view:) Did I read that your 75 has gone? waiting for the ZT385 perhaps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts