MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who thinks the ZT385 will be the fastest saloon in the world?

I have a feeling it will be tested at 180+, so could well be.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Robin - I think it will be a close run thing. Am i right in thinking that the Lotus Carlton held this record. If so the record is 170 mph. The beast should beat this.

Jim

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Was Cerbman right - does the supercharged Kenne Bell version achieve 180 mph?

Can't be far short.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Fast - but not the fastest. Think it's a modified BMW M5 putting out 750bhp.

And in the league of mega-horsepower autobahn-bashing saloons there's a new champion in the shape of this 750hp BMW M5.

Timed recently at 367.4km/h 228.3mph in old money, the G-Power Hurricane RS has stolen the record from established speed junky and former record holder Brabus.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Theres your answer there:)

·
Registered
361 Posts
Sorry .... didn't realise you were talking standard - no mention in the OP. Saying that though - I'm sure I've watched Clarkson near 200mph in an M5 which was still supposed to be restricted.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Ive had my m5 before its limiter was removed hit 177mph.

With the limiter removed and gearbox reprogrammed, it is suppose to do 205mph. Ive only got it to 192mph before i ran out of runway.... was a short runway !

G

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Good on ya!

Planning to take the GTR on the Farnborough runway very soon - to see if it will do 195.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Cheers Ron, how is the East coast - see further up North loads of snow?

Plan is to take it on the runway - once the conditions in this country are more favourable. Seems to be wet - cold or both recently.

·
ZTT 400 SHM - ZS 180
178 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jerry

We got 6 inches of snow, last time we had any white stuff of any amount was 21 years ago. Did not stay long, maybe a day or two.

Let us know how the speed run works out.

Ron

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
aaaah forget straight line runs when you have a gtr jerry, fair enough in an
m5 thats all theyre any good for,lmao......but gtr's come alive when you throw some corners into the mix.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
yes your right they corner well, the weak link for fast a to b is the sheer weight your trying to slow down in the braking zones.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts