MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the ZT190 gear ratios should be raised a bit, so it will do at least 62mph in 2nd. When you notice that in Autocar the 2.5 75 is 0.1 quicker to 60 than the ZT190, I know it means nothing on the road, it just doesn't look so good in print. I realiise the ZT190 has to change gear twice compared to once for the 75 for the 0-60 dash.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a ZS180 and have seen the speedo swing past 62mph while still in 2nd. Does this mean that the ZT190 is lower geared or is my speedo just hopelessly optimistic? :confused: It would certainly explain why 60 seems to arrive comfortably below 7 secs. :D And there I was thinking that it was all due to my careful running in of the engine!

S.

G

·
Why is everyone concerned with 0-60 times?

I want to buy a ZT - I think that the advert with the red one on TV is great.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
>Why is everyone concerned with 0-60 times? <

yes,lets talk about handbrake turns:D
has anyone seen the showroom promo video where the red ZT does a hand brake turn on gravel in slow motion?
It looks awesome ,they should stick that clip of film in the advert.

G

·
kevin neal said:
[Byes,lets talk about handbrake turns:D
has anyone seen the showroom promo video where the red ZT does a hand brake turn on gravel in slow motion?
It looks awesome ,they should stick that clip of film in the advert. [/B]
NO, ZT doing handbrake turns - might give Joe Public the wrong idea! :D :D

Good fun though. :)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
XPower Admin!-are you mary whitehouse in disguise?:D
seriously though, when they launch the ZT400? in the states they could copy the add where they parachute the MGB,that would be quite an entrance to the states.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts