MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
ITotally agree with Robin. You know the *** 3 series, well I look upon that as the modern day Ford Cortina. As my neighbour tells me "they are a cl** car" every C*** has got one". Not my words but his.

They are certainly over rated.

Jim

G

·
I agree with the sentiments on the low line 3-series and what of the compact and THAT 1-series? But, the M3 is a beaut of a machine. Or for that matter a MB V8 E-class. I'm not totally blind folded or wear those pink spectacles. :D

G

·
I love the looks of the Audi tt (that's about it though). Agree the rest are overrated & underequipped as a whole, although the more (VERY) expensive cars are better specced as standard.
Anyone else reckon the new Maybach looks like an even more stretched R75 from the side?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Not too keen on the styling of German cars.
To me they are either too boxy or very curvy (TT, Beetle, 911, etc.)
Whilst I would agree that they are usually solidly built I am not sure that they are always carefully built. Had various German cars over the years - much happier with a MGR.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Bangle seems to be bungling *** big time at the mo, and this is the danger of being succsesful - it leads the likes of them toward complacency, which could be their downfall. Regardless of build quality and the like, if all the German players are getting aloof (and it seems they are) then tastes and opinions could change without them being aware.
The only underrated German car was the Ro80-I know the engine bankrupted NSU, and led to many owners installing even the likes of the awful Ford V4 (even the Transit of the time had that) just so they can have a reliable lump insuch a wonderful car. Even today, it's ghost lingers on in the shape of the larger Audi's. It certainly was, along with the Mini, one of the "Cars of the century" IMHO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts