Ahhh. It's good to be back.....
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You talking about build quality?

Why the TF - cause its rear wheel?

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Would have thought the balance would be better in the TF and it would be lighter than the ZS.

Taken my ZS derv round Brands a few times and can only dream of the grunt of a V6, but even the derv goes round well.

I would be put off the TF because of the HGF that seem so common, if you were pushing it round the track, would it stand up to the hammering?? or would you be rebuilding after two or three outings.

The V6 seems to be able to handle the track outings better.

Trouble is its only what I've picked up from reading various threads on here, so dont know if its a bad as I think, or just a few of the 4 pots that suffer.

:wave:

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will agree - the ZS V6 is a great track day car. I'm just wondering whether people think the lighter, real wheel drive car is the purer car for track days?

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'll play devil's advocate here, but as I've had both I can speak from experience. The ZT is a better handling car than a ZS.....before you all laugh at me let me explain. The ZT 190 on the original (harder) set-up is more adjustable and perfectly balanced front-to-rear so it can be steered on the throttle. The ZS is no where near as balanced and seems more prone to understeer thats not as easily balanced by coming off the throttle and getting the rear to play.

BUT the ZS is quicker because its lighter and has a better power to weight.

I remember a comment from Blue Harbour after he'd passengered around Oulton in ZSs and my ZT ...... "My respect for what the zeds can & do do round a track just gets more n more immense (the boggo ZT-190 was mind blowing tbh!) "....... and the car was on sh44gged Kuhmo road tyres that day http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=48494&highlight=oulton&page=6

If you can get a TF rather than an F they handle really nicely, but you can spin them more easily than the FWD cars.

So, if I was starting from scratch I'd build a turbo ZT190.....

·
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhh man GTM - you've gone and mixed things up now....

I went and had a test drive in a TF 160 earlier (although a sh4gged one!)

I got back into mine and thought - nope this is better.

I wanted to test drive the 160. I've had two TF 135's with the sports upgrade (160 pack) so I thought it would be similar - it was... too similar...

If that car does 0 - 60 in 6.9 then god knows what my ZS does cause it felt much faster.

I think its the V6 torque I dig now and not having to cane the b0ll0x off something?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Plenty of ZT track action at davc001a on youtube......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts