• Rota Boost

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • Rota Torque

Votes: 6 37.5%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
sorry but i like niether,maybe bit lower profile and less spoked then yer but not my cup of tea,sorry.i've gone for the black multi spoke with a 205-40 17 look alround,harder ride but didnt buy the mgzs180 for comfort!

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
:

Ditto really, sorry.

I think the original 180 alloys in the pic below look great - would not want to change mine. If I had a 120 or a Mk1 I would try to get some of these. Of your two - gold paint is dated now and the second ones are a little like Speedlines so you'll look like a Subaru wannabe (he says with a Pro Drive spolier on his boot lid.... erm :slap:).

P

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trouble is with those Mk2 wheels, they are damn heavy.

The photos above haven't come out too well, one is graphite and one a dark grey.

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Indeed they are nice but very expensive.

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Errrm ... I can't decide!

Slightly favour the first one but don't really like either....
Sorry :-(
Yep, thats my view, went for wheel 1 but neither are really my cuppa tea. I always liked the ones Bobdope had on his mk 2 but can't remember what they were called ?

Jez

·
Registered
335 Posts
Yep, thats my view, went for wheel 1 but neither are really my cuppa tea. I always liked the ones Bobdope had on his mk 2 but can't remember what they were called ?

Jez
KEI wheels i think??

Reactions: penfold118

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah but I think they are cheap and nasty.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
I went for the first ones but like you say the photos dont do them justice.

·
bigfella-network.co.uk
5,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shroonio, those look very nice indeed!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Now i do like them:yup:

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
Trouble is with those Mk2 wheels, they are damn heavy.

The photos above haven't come out too well, one is graphite and one a dark grey.

Will that 'really' make any difference to a road car. Are you planning on an event in the vehicle where milli-seconds will be at stake? Have you optimised all of the easy engine parts first like the fuel filter, spark plugs, air filter etc which would make your car more efficient/faster for half the price?

I'm a keen cyclist and I see the guys who spend£500 on a set of wheels, £250 on a carbon seat stay and £400 for a carbon headstock just to save half a pound of weight when, FOC, they could just stop eating burgers for a week and lose 4 lbs from their own ass........ :agh::slap:

I really don't get the wheel thing on a car that already has reasonable alloys which were good enough for the suspension engineers at MGR. Back in the day we were happy with 5.5J steels on an RS2000 - maybe I'm just getting old.

But Bigfella, each to his own mate - if it gets you off go get some new wheels. :biggrin:

P

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Will that 'really' make any difference to a road car.
I don't know much about this subject but I do know that unsprung weight does not equal sprung weight, wheels are unsprung weight.

Reduction in unsprung weight makes a bigger difference than an equivalent reduction in sprung weight.

More info here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unsprung_mass

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I wanted a set of torques but ended up with the OZs on my old 180.

and 2-4kg of weight off a driven wheel will make quite a big differance!! not milli seconds

1 - 20 of 41 Posts