MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the ZR 160 people out there tell me what tyres your cars came with as new as I need to by some new ones.
Am I the only one that has knackered front tyres after 9,500 miles ?

Pirelli or Michelins ? Whats your choice ?

Red :confused:

·
Registered
567 Posts
Personally i'd say the Michelins are the best. My dad used them on his MGF and said they had a fantastic life span and level of grip in both wet and dry! How the heck did you manage just 9500 miles??? Too much racing from the lights and wheelspinning maybe?????

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
I have 17" Michellin Pilot Sports on my ZR.

We've got the same on the ZT, but 18". We've done 11K and the fronts are beginning to look like they'll need replacing quite soon....

·
Registered
567 Posts
Have you been wheelspinning your ZT??? The front tyres should last longer than that if you have driven it properly

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It's a fine art not to wheel spin the ZT!!! I should know - I drove it while we were on holiday and laid rubber without even thinking about it....that's what you get for going from a 1.4 to a 2.5 KV6 which has more torque than a telephone operator!

Seriously though, we are very careful not to spin the wheels - I only spun them because I'm not used to the car - only driven it twice now. I can't work out why it's eating them so quickly....

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
Sounds like someone's been cornering a bit hard...lol

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The edges won't cause us to need new tyres though my darling - I'm talking about the indicators on the tyre in the middle :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Nope, at correct pressures... Sadly I think TonyPal was a bit closer in his assessment... :D

But yes, the tyres are wearing all the way across - it's just a bit more pronounced at the edges..

One thing it could be - the ZT is quite heavy????

·
Registered
567 Posts
I doubt it! I would have thought that MG would have thought of that when they put the tyres on the car. They must have been for some kind of test. Hmmmmmm. This one's got me. Have you asked your dealer why i could be happening too fast??? Are you telling porkies??? Are you a nutter, REALLY???

·
Registered
567 Posts
HAHA so there's some truth there a!!!!! At least everyone will know now to keep out your way when you are on the road!!!

Thank heaven for the NUTTERS!!!!!

Seriously, have you asked your dealer?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Nope.. It's due a service soon so I'll mention it then.. I suspect it's down to the abilities of the car though.. :)

I reckon I'll get 15-20k miles in all out of this set... This is no worse than I got from my previous 600...

G

·
R75 v ZT190+

I would think that's only a tad short Rover 75 2.5 wear. Although Matt should be able to qualify this.
Trouble with the ZT, it doesn't have Tracky control. :frust

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
TC

Jerry,

Don't need TC unless Nats driving... :D

Still, I have to admit, her wheelspin was quite impressive.. :)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hmmm, seriously I think she's actually a much better driver than I am...

And I can cook, so perhaps it should be the other way around???

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Hmmm - well you did tell me off when I spun those wheels - you sounded pretty scared :D

I'll let you in on a little secret though - it was cool, but the power frightened me too :D

Oh and BTW Jerry, don't ever try the feminism pill with me - I HATE cooking! ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts