MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all

I am replacing my 180 Mk2 saloon exhaust back box as it has started to blow. I am on a budget and only want to replace the back box at the moment.

What have other people gone for and at what sort of cost? I have had quotes for 180 for Longlife stainless steel exhaust and over 250 for powerflow. I didnt really want to spend that much!

Has anyone bought a standard replacement from Camberley Auto Factors? It is only 85 but I dont want to buy something that will restrict things (and not look any good)!!

Thanks all

·
Registered
795 Posts
It may be worth checking they have different exhausts for the MK1 and Mk2. When mine went on my 120 Kwik fit quoted a dirt cheap price but when I asked they said the exhaust was the same for both which isn't true as the Mk2 bumper is longer and therefore so is the exhaust.

I got a Janspeed backbox (same as a 180's) for about £200 IIRC and I love it. it is not too loud and the 3.5 inch pipe looks like the OE one but bigger and really suits the car (it was an option extra on the ZS and has XPower etched on the sides).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies. I got the Janspeed xpower one too in the end off Jay 180 on here. Not yet fitted but looks the part!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts