MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of which ones to use as there are so many. Don't want to waste my money.
Which have you lot used?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Don't want to waste money -> don't buy an injection cleaner!
I'm not buying it for the sake of it, trying to pinpoint a misfire, tried the usual, plugs, leads, coil packs and o2 sensor (mine was faulty) and just wanted to put some stuff through to maybe try to possibly shift a blockage.
Bought some redex today as it isn't expensive and if it doesn't work then I will explore another avenue.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I'm not buying it for the sake of it, trying to pinpoint a misfire, tried the usual, plugs, leads, coil packs and o2 sensor (mine was faulty) and just wanted to put some stuff through to maybe try to possibly shift a blockage.
Bought some redex today as it isn't expensive and if it doesn't work then I will explore another avenue.
If its fouled up bad enough to cause a misfire I doubt that a petrol additive alone is going to shift it. Worth a try I guess, but nah! When's the last time you changed your fuel filter?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have had the car for 6 months. I haven't changed it. 'Apparently' it was serviced just before I got it, but looking at the state of the spark plugs when I changed them I don't believe that for a second. Wonder how easy it is to change and if I have to depressurize the system as I haven't done that before.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I've just put SDi's in my derv, plenty of power but a bit of smoke.

Your thread got me thinking, as the old derv injectors that I took out looked a bit worn.

If I need to swop back thought I'd get a price for a clean up and rebuild off Ebay.

Just come back with £95.00 incl return postage.

Think petrol come in cheaper, two day turn round they reckon.

:wave:

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Fuel filter change isn't part of the regular service. It only comes up every 60K/4 years. Probably won't make the misfire go away unless it's gotten so clogged up that's it's impeding the fuel flow. Either way, it needs doing as per schedule. Fairly easy DIY job.. just a bit fiddly.

Another culprit might be a vacuum leak somewhere especially if the engine is backfiring. Give a better description of the problem and someone might be able to help you. I've only ever done routine maintanance so not the best person to ask.

Good luck.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers guys, have done a thread on misfire on a few sites, vacuum has been mentioned but I can't find anything, it isn't that bad and I think for peace of mind I will change injectors, fuel filter (maybe fuel pump as well) but the mpg is about spot on so it's making me think it isn't ignition/spark/combustion related. I will sort it if it kills me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts