MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q. If you had the choice of which circuit and which category of motor sport would you like most to attend and money is no object?

A. Mine would be Australia, Mount Panarama to watch the "Great Race" for the 1000kms. Imagine Ford Falcons and Holden Commodores, big V8's thundering past over some 6 hours of racing. I would proudly stand on the Mountain with either my Rover or MG flag. It would upset the locals especially after the Rover ZT385 had just won!

Jim

G

·
Surely a typo from "Mr Tilings" - MG XPower ZT385, I believe is its full title. :D

However, I do agree the race & venue are a good choice.

Now as for the circuit (don't know may overseas ones - except those shown on TV). I would say Brands - in a "new age" SD1, racing against "new age" TR8's and of course the "end swapping" "6R4".

What's the link, TONY POND mounts! Maybe the Ford V8 supercharged would replace the Buick 215cu engine though! :D :D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have it on good authority that the 385 will be marketed as a Rover and NOT MG. Reason - it is a stronger brand name. No duff!

Jimbo:D

G

·
JIM,

Take a look at the "mule" 385, what's the badge on the grille, examine the MG corporate grille? :D I could be wrong though.............

1 - 4 of 4 Posts