MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Cerbman

I would love to say something relevant here, but I'm lost! Need a few more clues I'm afraid. :(

Could it be if you don't actually mod the car just rebadge it? In MGR's case the ZR-ZS and ZT have had a total rework regarding suspension in comparison to the Rover equivalents. :D

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XPower Admin! said:
Cerbman

I would love to say something relevant here, but I'm lost! Need a few more clues I'm afraid. :(

Could it be if you don't actually mod the car just rebadge? In MGR's case the ZR-ZS and ZT have had a total rework regarding suspension in comparison the Rover equivalents. :D
It's simpler than that, I won't say yet, I'll let you think about it and see if there is any response from others.:)

G

·
I now the know answer, but all I'll be doing is cutting and pasting the same story from another BB! So I won't either! I'm trying to sign off the otherboard but can't! :confused:

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A slight clue for you, Ford, VW, Seat, Nissan, Vauxhall, Opel and many many more badge engineer and no-one minds, but the time it is knocked and frowned upon is when .. ..... does it. Just fill in the dots:)

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Gets back to the usual story of the brits being the first to knock the brits again.

Some manufacturers can merely add a new beverage holder and the press are falling over themselves to aclaim it as 'a substantially re-engineered and much transformed car' whilst others can totally change the engine, suspension, steering etc and the press are quick to say 'much the same, new badge fitted'.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
MG Rover is the only company that seem to be criticised for badge engineering, utter madness.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Perhaps if MGR started to issue all of its press releases in german and had all of its correspondance delivered to a PO box in Stutgart things may be different. After all the british motoring press seem gullable enough to accept what other manufacturers say at face value.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts