MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As my wheels have been gradually looking worse for wear over the past few months to a year (although never were the greatest) I thought it was about time to give them a slight re vamp, even if not a professional finish :whistle: at least it's tidier than before.

Before any work, one of the best wheels :

Colour I decided on

The back up harpin, (only one wheels at a time to keep car mobile if needed)

Then the spraying begins :

Then back on the car.

I'm quite pleased for a morning with 2 cans of spray and minimum prep on the wheels but it doesn't look to bad imo.
Any opinions are appreciated.

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts
Cant help feeling you have just wasted your time, the colour is nice, but the prepwork is seriously poor, they just look like they have not been done properly (which they have not) i cant work out why you would not have rubbed them down properly and smoothed them out, then they would have looked awesome.

They dont look any better than before, because they still look like a kerbed up set of wheels, only this time somebody has painted them poorly over the top :/

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cant help feeling you have just wasted your time, the colour is nice, but the prepwork is seriously poor, they just look like they have not been done properly (which they have not) i cant work out why you would not have rubbed them down properly and smoothed them out, then they would have looked awesome.

They dont look any better than before, because they still look like a kerbed up set of wheels, only this time somebody has painted them poorly over the top :/

Thanks for your opinion as like I said appreciated but I think your missing the point. I'm just pleased that they are different to how they we're, as I said the pic of the untouched wheel was the best one out of the lot & the others looked very bad & rough.
I also stated that I had not prepped them & was in no way suggesting that it was a top quality finish, it mearley takes away some of the noticeable issues that were on the wheels to start with.
I don't feel like I wasted my time but then I like them & I know they are an improvement over how bad they were before.

Thanks for the input but I like them & at the end of the day that's what counts.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Thanks for the input but I like them & at the end of the day that's what counts.
This says it all Craig:)

If your happy then thats all that matters:)

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
For half a days work that is good, it would take me that long just to get mine clean!

I don't much like dark coloured wheels but that works quite well.

I think it would have been worth spending an extra half day to fill in some of the damage but that does take either time or money.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This says it all Craig:)

If your happy then thats all that matters:)
Thanks Paul, that's the thing I'm under no illusion that they are an immaculate finish but I am quite pleased with how they turned out for just a clean, minor rub in areas & painting. At least when I can afford a proper refurb I have more idea of colours I may want to go to

For half a days work that is good, it would take me that long just to get mine clean!

I don't much like dark coloured wheels but that works quite well.

I think it would have been worth spending an extra half day to fill in some of the damage but that does take either time or money.
Thanks Windy, I understand what your saying & I wish I could've had more time & money to do the job better but that's al I could do for the time. It has given me an idea of what they would look like when I can get them done properly.

For the time being though, it's at least given a different look to the car which I like. Thanks very much though buddy, as & when they get done properly there will be better pics put up lol

·
Registered
731 Posts
just be careful not to jetwash the paint off.

I am a fan of gunmetal colour wheels, not so sure they work as well on the blue as they do other colours though, but it may be that amethyst has a tinge of purlpe in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts