MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is correct. I am absolutely bloody fuming. Spent f**king ages getting the old pads and discs off due to them being corroded on there. Then I thought I was going mental. I put the disc on the couldn't work out why the new pads didn't want to play. They aint for the 180, I do believe the silly arses have sent out the 4 pot ones!!!
Really pi55ed and upset especially now I have put the old ones back on they are now grinding slightly!

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
That is correct. I am absolutely bloody fuming. Spent f**king ages getting the old pads and discs off due to them being corroded on there. Then I thought I was going mental. I put the disc on the couldn't work out why the new pads didn't want to play. They aint for the 180, I do believe the silly arses have sent out the 4 pot ones!!!
Really pi55ed and upset especially now I have put the old ones back on they are now grinding slightly!
Quite common for places to have 180 & 120 listed as the same size.
if in doubt order ZR 160 discs as they are listed correctly

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will do that mate, just going to clean the copper grease off the new pads (oops) send the lot back, hopefully get money back then order from someone who knows what they are talking about.
Got a new post cat lambda sensor to fit tomorrow along with some magnecor HT leads and some aero wiper blades. Then I might just give her a clean to cheer me up :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
All fun and games eh??
Mines going in for rear wheel bearing on Friday, nice droning at 60mph OMG!!!!

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I always order brake bits for a Zr160 after being caught out in the same way with calipers, a lot of places seem to only list the 262mm front discs for all ZS.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol, I did wonder what it had to with the thread :) I am thinking of doing that soon tho anyway. Gave Power & Performance a call today and they have 'initially' quoted about £400 for full cat back, so not too bad. I paid £320 for my old 1.8 vectra about 6 years ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts