MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has recently sold a 180 zed (specifically MkII), how old it was and what price it fetched. If the pricing on Parkers is anything to go by we're talking around the 1200 pound mark for an example with average mileage. I realize it's only a guide but how do you argue with a buyer who packs a parkers when they come to view your car. I regularly see Zeds advertized for up to £3500 but personally I think it's just kidology. I'm sure many would disagree but then the current market conditions seem to indicate that they simply don't fetch those kind of prices. It's only my love for the car that's prevented me from getting shot of it so far, but I have to be realistic. The 22 mpg around town is becoming untenable and God only knows what my insurance premium is going to be next year..that and other cost factors....well..you get the picture. Sometimes money wins over love.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Id aim for between £2000 & £2500 all depends on condition, Mileage, MOT/Tax usual factors
Yes I realize all that but if anyone has actually sold theirs perhaps they'd be kind enough to share what price it fetched and in what condition the car was in when they sold it...mileage, bodywork etc. I figure only an enthusiast would pay a "realistic" price, the tyre-kickers will just waste your time with silly offers.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes I realize all that but if anyone has actually sold theirs perhaps they'd be kind enough to share what price it fetched and in what condition the car was in when they sold it...mileage, bodywork etc. I figure only an enthusiast would pay a "realistic" price, the tyre-kickers will just waste your time with silly offers.
I bought a near immaculate Pearl Black 2005 180 Hatch in March, one owner car, sunroof, alcantara, 48K miles with full service history, but cambelts not done, for £1850. I more or less immediately did a deal on a ZT-T and the garage (MG Dealer ) put the ZS on their forecourt for £4495. Miraculously the cambelts had now been changed last year!!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
wow, dont put 22mpg in your for sale ad, mine never does that low, its high 20's round town and low 30's on a run!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts