MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
180 boy said:

So in answer to your question?
0-60 will come down, I tried to time mine (on video) the best of the day was just a tad under 6 sec and the highest was 6.9 so the average will be some place between depending on ambient temps etc etc.
A tad under 6secs is 5.9 secs in my reckoning. :shake:

I realistic advance on the 7secs (not sure on this either TBH) for +30bhp is 0.2. Making it around 6.8 secs.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
There was nothing aimed at 180boy at all.

It was in response to Richb's post above more than anything else. I have no doubt you can get 300bhp from a T16 either, however, the original post was a 30bhp increase over the standard figure of 17x ??

Lets use 200bhp as a rough estimate. The ZS is alledgedly running 7.3secs 0-60 according to MGR. Realistically it is quicker, lets say 7 to keep the peace :)

So 7 sec 0-60 with 17X bhp
a 30bhp increase is going to be accompanied by an increase in torque. IMO you will be lucky to hit 6.5secs 0-60, on a regular basis. I do stand to be corrected though. I would guesstimate that a 6.7-6.8 sec 0-60 is a realistic figure that is achieveable every time.

I'm not being sceptical - far from it. I know full well how difficult it is putting power down through 2 wheels, 260bhp is not the easiest of things, and even with that I am lucky to get below 6.3 secs :cry: :cry:

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I'm not disputing that it can be done, I know full well it can. However I am disputing that a 30bhp increase from standard is going to knock off nearly a second on the 0-60 time. That I DO NOT believe.

It's no reflection on the ZS, any FWD car that has a 30bhp increase and the corresponding increase in torque, is not going to knock 1 second off. It's just not happening. Jerrys Evo has had a 30bhp (now being a 330 rather than 300) I bet he hasn't knocked 1 second off. He'll be looking at realistically .3 - .4 of a second.

The only way you are going to get good ACCURATE results is with the right timing gear. That as far as the above reads hasn't been done. To that end, you cant prove or disprove anything. I am mearly saying this IMO.

Show me a run with proper timing gear under 6.5 secs and I'll happily stand corrected.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts