MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i have just ordered myself a nice shiney yellow ZR 160 9i still aint come to terms witht the Z stuff i'v ordered the sexy 25 MG thing) and i need to know what i can do! i realy just want to change the enterior as it looks er...dodgey, so need so help!

i want so far

coded yellow door cards
coded gators
Maybe new Steering wheel
new seat belt fastener bite (yellow leather bits instead of black plastic covers)
Dash Carbon fibre or mix of that and yellow?
gear nob with yellow leather
some Ice nothing tooo stupid

is that over kill or where can i get most of this stuff?

Engine. K&N phase 2 (i am having it made if i want one) or Piper Viper?
new exhust is it worth it?
leads and plugs, who make em?

to be honest i am waiting for Superchip to tell me what magic they can work before i put my overalls on, bu the enterior i will be doing asap!

oh yeah i am new so please feel free to laugh and point!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Some of the stuff should be available through many motor accessory shops.

I would be careful about replacing the steering wheel though. Don't forget that the driver's airbag is situated in there. Don't know of many aftermarket steering wheels that have airbags fitted.

G

·
JLD is right you are best having the steering wheel re covered I made some enquiries the other day and it is possible if you take it to an automotive trimmer.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the help! well i think i will leave the steering wheel alone! but i have one other questing! how hard is it to remove the centre consol? (the black plastick bit around the head unit)? as i think i want that silver!

oh and i am getting the a carbon dynamics filter instead (piper copied it with the viper0 but its cheap and better apparently!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Rather than removing the centre console - have a look on Findlay's thread about mod pics for the ZR (I think it is called Mod Pics in the ZR/25 forum) and see what he has done with his centre console. It looks good with the chrome trim IMO and can be done quite cheaply too without having to go through removing the centre console (which I've heard can be quite a chore!)

G

·
If you want different colour gaiter for the gearstick you will have to remove the center console there is no other way of doing it . I have done a how to do it list which I sent to Findlay . If you want it let me know.

·
Zed Heaven
7,508 Posts
I can't claim to be the originator of the gear surround idea as that was from one of our NMGO crew. But I know a few people who have carried out this simplest of mods and been impressed. Indeed, pics of my gear surround are on the very same thread you mention nn-y.

As for removal of the central console, I think I'm gonna give that a whirl this weekend. ScWe - I've ordered the bits from Demon Tweeks plus also got the blue-tint window kit pre-cut to 5dr Rover 25. Also I'm this close to making a decision about all round undercar neons.

F

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well i wish i could have a look this weekend to but i have to wait til july for delivery! thanks for te offer of the how to do it list i proberly will take you up on that once the car is on my drive!

thanks again!

G

·
Hey ffcphone glad to here your going to give it a try it,s not that difficult just abit fiddley in places. That was the first time I had ever done anything like that, if I can do it anyone can . Oh yes I fitted the Piper induction kit this afternoon it sounds sweet on my 160 I hav,nt been able to give it a proper run yet I,ll let you know how I get on .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts