MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
312m out of £27.50 in my 1.4 R25 Impression.

43 mpg I think :D New ZR should be similar :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
I get 260 - 280 miles out of about £27 of ordinary unleaded.

Has anyone tried Shell Optimax to see if it gives better performance or better mpg

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Tried Shell Optimax in the ZT - certainly makes her run smoother, but not sure that it gives better mpg.

·
Registered
12 Posts
R25 GTi driven hard round MK (all those lovely roundabouts and dual carrigeways :D ) ...

About 25/26 mpg on average. A lot higher on cross-country cruises (have done ~44mpg over 250m run).

I get about 220-240 from a tank - although I never get more than 40 gallons in even when the needle's below the red! :confused:

·
Registered
71 Posts
ZR105....
Approx 270 miles out £28..think that works out around 25mpg...

Just hit the 3000 miles mark and i have notice an increase in fuel economy.Hopefully it`ll get better though.Being a 20 year old doesnt help either if u know where i`m coming from.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Liamspiers said:
ZR105....
Approx 270 miles out £28..think that works out around 25mpg...

Just hit the 3000 miles mark and i have notice an increase in fuel economy.Hopefully it`ll get better though.Being a 20 year old doesnt help either if u know where i`m coming from.
At Exeter prices (74.9) your car is doing just under 33 mpg. At 25 mpg Scotland prices would be about 57p per litre.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
25GTi said:
R25 GTi driven hard round MK (all those lovely roundabouts and dual carrigeways :D ) ...

About 25/26 mpg on average. A lot higher on cross-country cruises (have done ~44mpg over 250m run).

I get about 220-240 from a tank - although I never get more than 40 gallons in even when the needle's below the red! :confused:
40 gallons???

·
MG ZR-X & MG ZR X210 Owner
107 Posts
25GTi,

BRM is about the same, 24 to 26 MPG, but it does get a damn good thrashing !

Now I wonder if the K&N 57i, the 52mm TB, and the Janspeed Rear Box have also got a little to do with this. :D :D :D

Rule of thumb : its a 10 Gallon Tank, so when you put about 45 Litres in to fill it up and its done 250 miles thats about 25.0 mpg.

Cost ?? well it don't go without it does it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Just got 308m for £26 exactly - Nick hasn't driven it this tank :D

Can't understand it though - I don't drive THAT slow!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
nn-y said:
Just got 308m for £26 exactly - Nick hasn't driven it this tank :D

Can't understand it though - I don't drive THAT slow!

And just what is that supposed to mean? ;)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oops! 40 litres... thanks for pointing out the brain-fade there cerbman!!!

BRM494, I do like to 'play tag with the red line' as someone once put it. I dread to think what it would drop to if I got the extras you've got, probably be nudging 20mpg - from below! :D

I don't keep track of how much or how often I fill up, as you say, it won't go without it. :)

G

·
Boyz & Girls

Surely he/she with the lowest MPG is the winner! :D Put your foot down you know it makes sense! You are driving an MG and not a Solar powered Honda! :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry, quite agree with you... :)

Does this mean I'm the winner - driving to and from work, I average 23 - 24 mpg over a whole tank. 2/3rds of the journey are motorway cruising. When cruising on the motorway I manage upwards of 30mpg average.

That being the case, the rest of the time, I must be averaging about 18....

Worst case was when I put my foot down coming out of a petrol station after filling up, and the little computer was reading 7mpg...... :)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts