MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there was a list on here before, regarding getting a license to have an MG ZS replica model. Do I sense a falling out or Im missing something ?

·
Registered
6,473 Posts
They were never produced. The cost involved is prohibitive. It requires a minimum of 1000 units to be made and when you are paying for all 1000 out of your own money and then charged with the task of selling them all when a maximum of say 100 people over the span of 7 or 8 forums wants them, well it just becomes an impossible excersice as well as a massive financial gamble.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So they wouldnt license the item?, Yet there is the MG TF, MG SV, and MG ZT, yet no MG ZS. What was their excuse for not granting a license ? was it down to the chinese at NAC/SAIC ?

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Cant answer that but i can say Jerry and Max did everything in their power to bring these models into production.

They know there is a market but alas hands are tied for reasons beyond their control.

·
Banned
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nevermind lads you did your best, I guess we'll just have to wait to see if some chinese model maker will produce the MG 5, 7, 3, etc. Its a shame though as I think its the best looking car from the range.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Apparently Norev is a possibility of making them. Start pestering them for it to happen.

www.norev.com

Patrick

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
So they wouldn't license the item?, Yet there is the MG TF, MG SV, and MG ZT, yet no MG ZS. What was their excuse for not granting a license ? was it down to the chinese at NAC/SAIC ?
All the others were Licensed before MG went down.

Apparently Norev is a possibility of making them
Norev do the SV which we have the Red SV now in stock http://rcsmodels.co.uk/ but again all license to these were done in the days of Longbridge It's all the same and as so much going on with the NAC/SAIC you'll be lucky if they ever get the Real car's on production.

The Chinese are ruthless folk.

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
Really can't see why MG/NAC/SAIC refused the license. Its a model at the end of the day, not a real car. Just what is there problem. :sad:
They probably think we wanted to copy 'there' design and build a real ZS!

·
If in doubt, flat out!
1,489 Posts
it must be my lucky month, I've found 2 SV's! A red LHD version and a Green UK model

Both are stunning little models, the detail inside is damn near perfect!

·
If in doubt, flat out!
1,489 Posts
yeah there's quite a few appearing on ebay just now. I've got 3 now lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts