MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is one for you to get your teeth into, right my question is what Engines will fitt in the ZS doesnt matter about price etc but what do you think you would like under the bonnet of a ZS, i know Dave V6 had the Vag engine and about the supercharged ZS, but something like ie a Cossie engine or has anyone got some mad project under wraps. the choice is yours.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
personally i would like to put an integra engine in mine, may happen in the future, id really like to see a properly done rwd version with something like a silvia or sykline (straing six may be too long) engine in there

·
Registered
608 Posts
personally i would like to put an integra engine in mine,
How come? I was coincidentally thinking about this whilst sat on the bus on the way home.

Looking around Parker's, the 1.8 VTEC in the Integra produces 187bhp with 178NM, whereas the 2.5 KV6 produces 174bhp with 240NM. Given that its supposedly not that difficult to get to ~180-190bhp with the KV6, I just wonder why bother with the Integra engine? The integra does get to 60mph faster (6.5 vs 7.3), but its probably more to do with the integra being ~100kg lighter than a ZS.

I wonder if you could shoe-horn a 3L V6 from a Nissan 350Z in there? ~300bhp with 353NM in a ZS would be something else, but reckon a turbo 4 cylinder is the likeliest conversion (it is pretty tight fitting in there with a 2.5L V6, afterall, and an I4 would be lighter).

What ever happened to those throttle bodied KV6 projects that were going on last year? And the 1.8 VVC project?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
honda engine is easily tuneable, and i recon wouldnt actually be that hard a conversion using civic parts ect, the kv6 isnt that tunable, i would like to keep my car the light revvy car it is at the moment as thats its character, if i had a v6 i might consider a different route but i would like to see this done

·
POL Group/MG ZR Owners/MG ZS Owners Club
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
has anyone tryed the Evo or a scooby engine in the ZS or any other MG/Rover to that matter. also has anyone got any idea what engines in the blue & white rallycross ZS hatch

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
ade at AA autosport is making a zr EVO, its essentially a zr sitting on an evo floorpan, very good project when ade has more time to finnish it

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I would use the 2.4 bottom end from a Honda Accord and fit the Civic or Integra DC5 head.
I will be driving a tuned version of this set-up next year, it's a 2.4 i-VTEC, higher compression pistons, forged rods and and pair of cams, it's making 302bhp and runs 11.2 in the quarter mile.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvSGa3LSC3E
This combination in a ZS would be staggeringly good for a 4 cylinder NASP.
You can re-sleeve the block and bore out to 2.6 ltr, this will make a tad over 400bhp with the correct bolt on parts fitted.
Alternatively, a stock block MB6 Civic engine will reliably make 300bhp with an off the shelf turbo kit, with forged pistons 400+ (dependant on turbo).
There are hundreds of stock block B18 VTEC builds about running this sort of power, even the stock B16 will make 300bhp with few problems.
Many have tried to build a K18 to take boost and costs are high and reliability questionable.
The VAG 20V is a great engine, know quantity too, cost would be as much or there abouts the same as any conversion done.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Engine,
VW turbos are good for 300 without going mad
Honda engines bomb proof and rev so would be a nice option.

Would be interesting to fit T5 volvo engine in fits in focus and S40 the chassis our about the same size could be an interesting option? You can pick up a t5 for no money would be interesting to se how it fitted.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Just removed my Honda spectacles and I like the idea of the 5 pot Volvo, that could be a amazing combination.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts