MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
If his speedo is the same as mine a real 60 is hit at about 66 indicated - checked against Scangauge (which is spot on against those roadside signs) & satnav.
60 on clock is prob 55 +/- 1mph

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If his speedo is the same as mine a real 60 is hit at about 66 indicated - checked against Scangauge (which is spot on against those roadside signs) & satnav.
Not doubting the performance just love the bold claim :)... zs120's go well my partners brother had one and it was none too shabby, also remember my mate owning one back in 2002 when i had my clio 1.8 16v and it was not far behind that.

·
Registered
59 Posts
i run a 120 now and mine will do it in about 12-13 seconds so to knock off 6 seconds would take a few quid to do it me thinks his car must be powered by bull **** to get any where near the 7 sec mark lol

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
umm, you tube has a time indicator which shows the run starts at 3 seconds and stops at 13 seconds, thats 10 seconds in my book!

The scangauge takes it's distance signal from the same source as the speedo. When I checked my scangauge against a GPS source it was reading under but it can be adjusted.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Not doubting the performance just love the bold claim :)... zs120's go well my partners brother had one and it was none too shabby, also remember my mate owning one back in 2002 when i had my clio 1.8 16v and it was not far behind that.
Agree with you mate, not trying to argue - should be a sub 10 sec std, in good nick.
If, as he says on youtube, if it WAS 7secs but was in reality say 55mph he went to than a rough guess to an actual 60 would be 8.5 or so.
If this is right then he's got a good 'un probably.

Never bother thrashing mine tbh - read somewhere that to get the 0-60 in 10 secs MGR just used 1st & 2nd gear but to drive like that all the while would give you a headache

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
umm, you tube has a time indicator which shows the run starts at 3 seconds and stops at 13 seconds, thats 10 seconds in my book!

The scangauge takes it's distance signal from the same source as the speedo. When I checked my scangauge against a GPS source it was reading under but it can be adjusted.
Mines possibly been adjusted as I bought it off someone on here 2nd hand, know its spot on against our two satnavs and those speed signs at side of road always tally with it too.

My car speedo reads 10% low up to abot 60 or so when it gets a little more accurate.
33 on dial = real 30, 44 = 40, 55 = 50 but an actual 70 is about 74 / 75 on speedo

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Back in 2002 I bought a brand new ZS120. I had a test drive on a hatch 120 and then a saloon 120 before my purchase. I did a rough 0-60 test on the dealer's private track with the hatch and managed 9.4s. Strangely the saloon felt alot more sluggush just driving it and never did managed under 10s on the 0-60.

The max torque for the 120 is low down somewhere at 2750rpm so it pulls very well. But in standard form and me now owning a 180, there is no way a 120 can even be close to do 7s.

As for the accuracy of the speedo. I only have my TomTom to compare with and the indicated 70mph is actually 68mph and that goes for both my 120 and 180.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts