MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mate gave me the motoring section out of his Sunday rag mag yesterday. A fella wrote in to Honest John looking to replace his two cars for one and sought the views of an ideal replacement.
The two cars in question were an MG ZR 1.8 which had done 355,000 miles and an MG ZT 190 with 422,000 on the clock. Both were reported as being 100% reliable and had been owned from new.

I couldn't believe the mileages but very pleasing to see.

·
Registered
510 Posts
My mate gave me the motoring section out of his Sunday rag mag yesterday. A fella wrote in to Honest John looking to replace his two cars for one and sought the views of an ideal replacement.
The two cars in question were an MG ZR 1.8 which had done 355,000 miles and an MG ZT 190 with 422,000 on the clock. Both were reported as being 100% reliable and had been owned from new.

I couldn't believe the mileages but very pleasing to see.
Excellent, then my ZS180 has only just been run in:yup:

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Wow that is impressive:)

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
The 1.8 MUST have had a new head gasket if not a few. Impressive stuff all the same. Who would pay money for either of those cars though with those kind of numbers on the dash?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Hi Jeff, I saw that and immediately thought it might be you, then realised you are a mileage lightweight by comparison ;-)
Very much a lightweight Davidcool2

·
Registered
179 Posts
Most people get caught up in mileage when buying a car. A low mileage car that's not been serviced is a lot worse than high mileage cars that have been looked after.

My mate got an X-police vectra with 154k on the clock and has had no probs with it right up to 240k when the alternator went.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts