MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soobynet

At least my big bruv stood up for MG on there... :)

Shame they are so blinkered and insular over there...

Also like the comic relief provided by reading that they're complaining about MG drivers driving like tits. Just the other day, had a scoob do exactly the same thing to me beause I was doing the speed limit through a residential area.

I think what he's complaining about there should be more levelled at people in general rather than MG drivers - Referring to other thread about peoples gripes in cars, how many people have seen say a *** or Saab (my personal gripe!) riding up their bum and overtaking in stupid places?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Hi - I can only apologise for the generalities being banded about on Scoobynet.

I'm a scoob driver, but only have admiration for the new MGs. My first car was an MG Metro (Don't laugh), and I've had the pleasure of driving an MGB many times too. My last car was a Triumph TR7V8, so I've got an eclectic taste in cars.

I can't wait for the hi-power ZT's to start tearing up the tarmac... :)

PS - I'll be @ Le Mans, cheering on the MG !

:D

G

·
Squizz

I've had two TR7 V8's (DHC from new and a FHC), still a picture on the Pre Phoenix thread somewhere - in the meantime I went the Mits route - EVO VI and VII. Now back on course. Agree with all you said about other boards.

Hope to be at Le Mans too. I think its now 5 times - brill event, whether it rains or not.

You should have a damn good Stag Do. :D Leave some Champers for us. :D

·
Registered
179 Posts
Oh! :D

Cheers, X-Power.

My car was a fixed head, hang on let's see if this works...

Champers? I'll be lucky...Cheap "dumpie" French lagers and some red wine for me! :rolleyes:

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice to see a Rover banner in the background there.... :)

G

·
Nice, very nice.

Grinnall, made some fine conversions and NEW cars, I think I have the "sales brochure" somewhere. My First DHC was converted by "Del Lines of Weston - Super - Mare," he used to build cars for the Triumph works team. Did the conversion with 20k on the clock. Must dig out the pictures and scan them in sometime.

What spec was your motor? Mine was just the 214 cam - twin Strombergs (as the conversion was pure TR8 initially), the motor was even TR8 sourced. Tubular headers and twin pipes. AP Front Racing brakes - Konis - 3.08 diff - standard wheel size but with Wolfrace alloys. Tr8 subframe - rad and cooling fans. Loads more - thing was awesome.

The noise - remember driving into Elgin in Scotland, up a walled street, two people were walking. As they heard the V8 rev they covered their ears as I floored it. Used to love the wheel spinning (childish, I know) antics. Can't beat RWD with V8 power.

·
Registered
179 Posts
:)

>What spec was your motor?

Ooh...Now you're asking. The motor was a standard 3.5 SD1, blueprinted but otherwise pretty standard. Twin SU's, even had the viscous-coupling fan (to begin with!). Standard headers, which are apparently OK until you want silly power and help stop melting things in the engine bay! Single rear exit exhaust :D Brakes were SD1 Vitesse 4-pots with solid discs. Yup, 3.08 diff. Spax adjustable shock-absorbers, and Grinnall spec rising-rate springs. Rover SD1 6x14 alloys...

>The noise. Found myself a local brick bridge under a railway. Floored it with the windows open and the sunroof back. Surprised myself stupid and gave myself temporary tinnitus!!! :eek:

But I smiled and smiled and smiled and smiled.... :D

My dad still has it and I may yet get to drive it an "action" at the Classic Action Day at Castle Coombe later this year.

Hmmm...TR7V8 or MGBGTV8 with Sebring Arches... Hmmm...The future sounds good :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts