MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just heard from a friend that Mr Tony Jardine and Maurice Hamilton will be contesting an MG ZR in the welsh rally...

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
No glory this time!

Just to let you all know, the MG ZR EX258 of Gwyndaf Evans and Chris Patterson retired from the International Rally of Wales, during Stage 5 Myherin 1.

Reason given by the www.brcweb.co.uk website was mechanical!

After the previous stage, the crew were 16th Overall and leading the Super 1600 runners by a mere 0.4 seconds from the Peugeot of Justin Dale.

On the first stage they recorded a 2nd fastest in Super 1600, and they were 4th fastest on the second stage. On the third stage, Gwyndaf was stunning with a fastest in class, 21.3 seconds quicker than his next class contender - with an amazing 8th fastest Overall! They were fastest again on the next, before it all finished on the fifth stage.

Another ZR, in the hands of Tony Jardine / Maurice Hamilton was lying in 28th Overall and leading the N3 class after Stage 7 - they are actually also last in class, due to the fact that all the other runners have retired! One of which was the ZR of Rob Stone who retired with a broken driveshaft on Stage 4. He had been leading the class in 36th Overall, following the previous stage.

Kind regards,

'Extreme!'

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Tony Jardine was driving the only ZR to finish the International Rally of Wales. Despite what I said in my post above, he actually finished in 27th Overall / 2nd in Class N3, just behind the Renault Clio of Marco Veroni.

I'm sure earlier in the day that Renault was not featured on the results page. Looking now, he is shown as 28th with Jardine 29th!

Kind regards,

'Extreme!'

·
Registered
718 Posts
;) Although officially finishing 27th overall due to problems on the first 2 stages Tony Jardine was very happy with the car and is hoping to contest some more rallys in the ZR this year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well, the main reason I bought my ZR (apart from employee discount) was rallying. I tell you what, it is one hell of a car to post stunning time against such opposition. of course its a development year imagine what they do next year!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts