MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as above just want to know what the weight is off the air con and other bits is before i start stripping my car cheers!

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
as above just want to know what the weight is off the air con and other bits is before i start stripping my car cheers!
Is it a 180 or a 120? If its a 180 then you need to fit an idler pulley in place of the pump as there is no alternative belt route or shorter belt available so the weight saved will depend on this, if its a 120 you can use the non air con belt from any 4 pot K series (with PAS if you want to keep that)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Is it a 180 or a 120? If its a 180 then you need to fit an idler pulley in place of the pump as there is no alternative belt route or shorter belt available so the weight saved will depend on this, if its a 120 you can use the non air con belt from any 4 pot K series (with PAS if you want to keep that)
disagree; Pete Burchill races his 180 without aircon and has a short belt fitted. There was another model with the V6 which did not have aircon - late Rover 800 springs to mind...

·
Registered
654 Posts
The weight of AC system totally is 14.70 kg. The influence is same if your engine just have got 2 hp more.

The best temperature inside the car during racing or rallying is + 18 C. In that temperature driver can get most out of him during the event. That is why all top racing drivers are using a cooled racing underwear. And that is why all top WRC rallycars do have AC in these days. The hotter is in the cabin the slower you are if measured with a clock.

Keep AC in your car, cool it properly just before the start. Go to an instructor of some good Race Track Driving School and have a lesson how to drive more effectively instead of stripping AC off. Gains will be much better.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts