MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JIM (my brother), tells me he is seriously looking at replacing his V6 75 with an Audi A4. May as well buy an Octavia, in lieu of an A4 or even a Passat. :(

I'm sure if he went back to Kernahans he would get the deal and the car that would suit his requirements.

Not only has he not been over the fence (see Battle of Britain Memorial Flight), now he'll be cheering for Audi (German brand - a little bit adjacent) at Le Mans - I now need another person in the car to share with! :D

Time to send in the boys:

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Not doing anything on Tuesday - just might have to blockade a nearby estate agents door - with a ZS.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess, he will have a quiet time at Brands (if he goes). The real problem will be him cheering for Audi at Le Mans, when they are being beat by Nighthawk & MG Sport & Racing.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
And this is someone who tried to hide so that no-one saw him in a Vee Dub.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
HE CANNOT BE SERIOUS!

Get him down to Kernahans BY HOOK OR BY CROOK....Or at least make him wait till he's seen your new ZT. He'll change his tune.

C'mon JIM, I cant believe this!!! Remember all those wonderful pro MGR chats we had back on the old Yahoo list?? I know theres alternatives there, some very good. But these are not even in competition.......

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Responses

Some excellent original responses - just let Max read them - talk about LAUGH. :D Shame he can't respond. :(

Sending in the boys now has a new meaning for Inglestat (sp).

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I think we ought to arrange a hit squad for moments such as this, where a gang of us could drop everything at a moments notice to go and "discuss" things with someone who's losing the faith, bundling them into a Z, with a bag of Tony Pond vids, pics of John Towers arriving at Longbridge (and the new TCV), sound files of ZT385's, and driving him to Kernahans!;)

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
What sticks in the throat is the fact jim nearly drove jerry to leave yahoo groups because of his anti german rants:D

never trust an estate agent;)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Tell the poor man he is crazy. I have an A4, not by choice - enforced company car. I would gladly give it up tomorrow for a 75. Just take one look at that gorgeous interior , then look at the black hole of Calcutta german interior and tell me your not serious. Whats more mine has more squeaks than my old 600 had. Dont misunderstand me , the A4 is a great car , but it just cannot endear itself to you the way a Rover does. If all this fails , just look at the price difference, you can get a Conn 75 with all the works for a lot less than a Audi.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Thank the Lord he hasn't lost all sense of rational thought and thinking of buying a ***, he isn't is he??????????????

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Funny this about A4's has cropped up, as a cousin of mine in Farnham has one. Guess what? In comparison, HE MISSES THE OMEGA HE HAD B4!!!
He can be forgiven, tho, as they have just bought a '99 MGF, and they love it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No he's serious - did mention the *** word - but he baulked at that - mentioned the word "Omega" instead.

An Omega instead of a "75", I put it down to mid life crisis. I think we need a meet in Lincoln next Friday night to "sort" the problem.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Lincoln next friday night. Sure why not.
Where in Lincoln - Wrights (MGR dealers).
I'll bring a pen (just in case Jim 'forgets' his!).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts