MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not much of a turn out tbh for The Total Vauxhall show. Never mind, stretched the legs of the Astra Gte for a few hours in the sun. Was worth every penny just to see Clelland driving the Cavalier. She was awesome. Also had 23 Lotus Carltons doing a few laps of honour. We also got invited to do four parade laps in the Gte along with other owners of marques that are becoming extinct. It was great. Car of the day had to be the Astra Coupe based DTM vehicle with the huge spec'd v8 that thing flew.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Good that yours got recognised as being worth a few laps around the track.

Made the time and effort that you put into it, well worth it.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. It was quite nostalgic and loads of cameras aimed at her. Met a fella in his 50's with a 2.0 litre 8 valve gte. He's had it for 20 yrs it was mint. A fella approached him a while back stating he'd been after one for ages and tried to get him to part with it but he refused as it's part of him. Fella walked around the corner and jumped into a ferrari and drove off. He guessed he could have named his price but just couldn't let it go.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Soon as i sort my camera out I'll put up a bit of Clelands video I took. What a car for 1992. It was awesome.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
We had one at work gte, but it was used to jump start transits and even tractors, did the digital dashboard in.

That was a white one, got replaced with a Cav. SRi.

Not looking in the rear view mirror for a Ferrari flashing his lights are you????

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Cant believe what the Lotus Carltons still fetch, waiting for them to come down to what I can afford.

Think I'll be driving one of those electric scooters before the Lotus!!!!!

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the 23 of them on film. I will put that up too when I work out how to use it again. We know a lad with one who was there yesterday but his compared to the real minters are leagues apart.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts