MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My "other half" has a ZR and suffers with intermittent water coolant usage. The level will be fine for a few week then all of a sudden seems to drop to minimum or below. Any ideas why this should occur and why would level drop.
Checked and cant seem to see any leaks.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Had no overheating issues as far as I am aware. Did have a call when i was at work last evening saying the fan was still on after engine turned off, I was unable to check it but I think that may have been the aircon fan as she has a habit of not turning this off before engine turned off. Hope it is not HGF - expensive if it is i suppose?

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
My "other half" has a ZR and suffers with intermittent water coolant usage.
Could be a problem with the water pump seal, e.g. crack in each face, when the pump stops and the cracks line up you get a leak, when they don't line up you don't get a leak. See if you can get a view of the water pump and check the weep hole for signs of coolant loss.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
My wifes ZR inlet gasket leaks if she parks with the car leaning to the left but not if leaning to the right!

·
Registered
107 Posts
On my old 120 the inlet leaked due to the inlet had rotted away as it was plastic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts