MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, I recognized a water in my boot spoiler. Somebody knows a weak place were could water flow into one of the legs of the spoiler? and how to repair it and prevent entering a new water in it? thanks for all replyes (MG ZS 180 mk2)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Dead easy.

Open the boot lid and undo one of the silver bolts that hold the spoiler on (preferably one of the lower ones as you look at the open boot lid). The water will drain out.

Two second job to do, but one of those funny little quirks of Zed ownership that you have to see to every couple of weeks :)

J:)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx mate, so there´s no resolve for this,? which way come water into it? between two parts of spoiler? (the joint between legs and horizontal part) never had it down so asking (sorry if it´s noob´s Question) thanks for reply

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
yes buddy, I think it gets in where you say. Apart from taking the spoiler apart and sealing it there is not alot you can do.

It never used to bother me that much apart from when the spoiler used to get full and cause the boot to fall down on my head :lol:

J:)

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
The plan was to lift the boot lid, remove one of the lower bolts permanately so there was a constant drain for the water. The bolts sit in the drain channel from the rear windscreen so this looked like a solution but after a short while I started finding water in the boot. Replaced the bolt and the leaking boot stopped.

Easiest option is to do what Jerry suggested. It only takes a few minutes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts