MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, hope you all had a good christmas and new year.

As the title says, I appear to have water in the spoiler, has anyone else ever had this? and is the spoiler easy to remove to empty (any guides) ie remove just the centre piece or the full thing.

Thanks.

·
Registered
976 Posts
common problem, ive seen people drill real small hold in the bottom to help it drain away. easy to take off, open the boot and undo the screws!

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Hey all, hope you all had a good christmas and new year.

As the title says, I appear to have water in the spoiler, has anyone else ever had this? and is the spoiler easy to remove to empty (any guides) ie remove just the centre piece or the full thing.

Thanks.
Easily sorted. Just open the boot lid. Undo the lower of the 3 bolts on either side and the water should drain.

Personally I wouldn't try removing the spoiler completely as it's also held on with some horrendous sticky pads.:lol:

·
Registered
143 Posts
This is a common problem it seems.I had one in the other day to carbon wrap and when I opened the boot I could hear water inside it.The owner had asked for me to remove it and as already said it had been removed before them re moulded with tigerseal took ages to get it off.

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
and be careful as they hold a good amount of water, so when you undo the bolt make sure you dont fill your boot up lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the cold weather last month, I found out the hard way that when it freezes the lid gets very heavy, which means big bump on the head! Have left the two bottom bolts out now, and it happily drains away :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
it will drain into boot only when there is lot of water in it and boot is opened, otherwise it will go to channel around the boot.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Of course it will. The bolts come out in the channel not in the boot area. It's been a while since I had my zs i had forgotten where they were.

Cheers
Daz

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the responces guys, its on the left hand side so it may just need one bolt removing to get it to drain :) it will explain the few lumps and bumps on my head where the boot lid wont stay open, ill give it a go later.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Emptied it his morning (both sides) just removed the bolt on either side (nearest the rear) and closed the lid whilst it drained, the boot lid now stays open :)

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Emptied it his morning (both sides) just removed the bolt on either side (nearest the rear) and closed the lid whilst it drained, the boot lid now stays open :)
Yeehaw!!!!:clap:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts