MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you see they way the thing powered by the 911 and on the inside of that Elise? Discovered it wasn't the mate from Holland, but a Frenchman and the car was a "DRIVING SCHOOL CAR".

NB. The car is an RS without AYC (Active Yaw Control), thus depending on how you set the Centre Diff (switcheable) from inside you can make it handle like a RWD.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hmmm, looks like a write off to me.

Just shows how even a good driver can get it wrong. It's easy putting one of these cars into a slide like that, (I've done it many a time myself on rally driving days), the tricky thing is controlling it. Get it wrong, and results are often pretty catastrophic. I'm just glad he wasn't overtaking someone when this happened (could have been nasty)

Iain

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Explosion of Views

Iain/Nick

This thread is causing an explosion of views. Have you guys posted a link to it elsewhere? Just wondering!

Edit: I know the answer - Squizz posted on the Scooby board.

PS: Today a Scoob "W" plate had a nasty at Castle Combe after Quarry - looks like a new shell! :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
John

I doubt whether the Trophy was covered today (I don't know). But will ensure it is for the Kernahan Day!

On the Scoob, he did have a wake up call earlier on his session. But he kep pushing, not saying that's the reason as all of us get the red mist when on track. Bad luck is in there somewhere too!

PS. The Scooby guys are really into this thread - click here to see their comments on the thread.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I know 10 posts (now) and nealy 1400 views. Unbelievable, impressive car though - right up until the moment the tyre bursts???

1 - 15 of 15 Posts