MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get depressed every time they wash their car?
Everytime I wash my 75 I find a multitude of new blemishes/scratches/swirls etc, it's damn annoying. One day someone will come up with non-scratchable paint and make themselves a fortune!!:mad: :mad:

·
Longbridge !
3,306 Posts
Yes I get very depressed. I've found 2 rusty stone chips, one one the bonnet and one on the roof !
BRG Pearlescent is a bugger to wash anyway because it dries all streaky and water marked.
That's why I've only washed my 25 no more than 5 times in 2 years !
Also I spent the whole of last weekend washing and polishing it, for birds to use it as target practice 2 days later. It's covered in the stuff. The roof, the rear windows, down both sides and doors !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Couldn't agree more! I've got probably the worst colour of all (black) & every time i wash it i find yet more marks on it!!:(

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Our ZT 190+ and Rover 25 usually get washed every week - there is nothing I enjoy more than driving a nice clean car into work - especially when it's sunny. It turns heads!

Still, just because they get washed every week doesn't mean that we don't find scratches and stone chips - we just find them more OFTEN!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Ok, so there is nothing you can do about stone chips and scratches. But guys SWIRLS from polishing??????

You should get some ZYMOL polishing wax. 100% natural ingredients which means that there are no abrasive chemicals.

Then using a lint free cloth with a back & forth motion (straight lines) work your way around the car. ALONG THE DOORS/ UP AND DOWN THE BONNET ETC. With the lines of the car.

The best finish you will get. And i have asked many valeting companies for tips on how to do it and what products to use.

Remember time is money, take you time and your car is worth more money in the long run!!!!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers for the advice, only one problem however- Where can I get it!!! I'm in quite a remote area and I know there's none in the nearest Halfords. Is it mail-orderable?? Do you have a no/email address??

I'll very happily get some and plaster my 75 with it next week-end!!:D

·
Registered
362 Posts
Is Halfords online???

Try the Zymol website. Can't remember the web site but do a search and it should tell you. I think you can order direct from Zymol and its around £20............but worth it.:D

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
www.zymol.co.uk under 'Shop Online'. I believe it's a bit more than £20.

The starter kit with the 'expensive' polish is £189, but it comes with quite a lot.

The 'cheap' starter kit is about £90.

Would recommend it because I've heard lots of good things about it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
another option

Hi folks, newbie alert :eek:

Here's a thought, something I've done for a few years with good results - instead of putting car shampoo in the water you wash with, add Mer. Cleaning your car with that effectively gives you a 'hot wax'. Then rinse and leathe roff and it comes out looking polished and shiney, and no streaks or 'difficult to get to' white residue. Over time the finish builds up and it just becomes so much easier to clean. Good on alloys aswell, but avoid putting it on your front windscreen :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts