MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Trophy Blue ZS180 with an owner's club badge on the grill that followed me through Cambridge on Saturday and said "Hi" as we went our seperate ways on Newmarket Road? The blue looked particularly good in the overcast conditions - and your car was far too clean, given how bad the weather has been recently! :D

S.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
"Hes behind you"

It was me that was behind you!!
Yours is first Anthracite ZS180 I have seen on the road! I was off up to Marshalls to cast an eye over the TF and other MGs! Perhaps our paths will cross again soon? I dont normally frequent this board. I am user of the MG BBS at htpp://www.mgcars.org.uk
and have been for 7 years!

See you again soon
Kelvin

G

·
93 members (2 are me) and you guys meet on the road - coincidence or what.

The great thing about the new "MG ZED cars" is that are noticeable. So you can't go anywhere you shouldn't!!! :D

Kelvin, hopefully this board will be around after too, after as many years. The MG BBS is fine and has a great following, except for the abusers - you know my thoughts on this - best not repeat myself!

FAO Nick Young - Responded to your POLL as well as voting!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Having taken a look at this other board, I have to say it is really catering towards a different market (IMHO)..

This board caters for the new generation of cars, with sections for older vehicles too.

The other board is almost exactly the opposite (again IMHO).

As an owner of the modern one, this board is much more useful and informative to me, plus this board is much more friendly on the whole. I'll admit I've only looked at the Z car areas, but there does seem to be a large amount of bitching going on between members.. In some cases, it's handbags out at noon I think!:D :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
PS, Jerry, read your comments, and sent you an email with my thoughts!

BTW, I will soon have some lovely pictures of the ZT against a backdrop of the mountains in the Lake District. Will send you a copy of them when I get the chance! My brother took them with his digital camera, so I'll need to wait until he gets round to copying them onto CD for me!
Cheers!

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
The 'other' board covers all MGs!!
The MG BBS is just one part of a much bigger MG site, and sub sites! It now has excess of 30,000 registerd MG owners!. I am a former MG Montego, & MG Maestro owner (had a MG Metro too briefly)

BTW are there any other Cambridge/Huntingdon/Royston area owners out there?

Kelvin
MG ZS180 -Trophy Blue

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Kelvin Fagan said:
I dont normally frequent this board. I am user of the MG BBS at htpp://www.mgcars.org.uk and have been for 7 years!
Hi Kelvin,

I've hung around the BBS a bit - where I sign myself as Steve H - but have found the signal-to-noise ratio has degraded somewhat, in the Z saloons area at least, of late. I still pop back fairly frequently - to check out Rog's progress toward a ZS200 ;) amongst other things - but this forum is now my online MG community of chioce.

See you around,

S.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Nice to meet you last night S, pity you could not stay longer.
We need a few more modern MGs in the local clubs, I did not stay long after you went last night... see you again soon?

Cheers
kelvin

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Kelvin Fagan said:
Nice to meet you last night S, pity you could not stay longer.
Yeah, I would like to have been able to chat some more, and to have been able to meet some more of the other owners. I'll keep an eye on the website to see if I can make it along to something else soon...

S.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Kelvin

First post on this forum, new to this BBS thing but in response to your enquiry I am a Platinum Silver ZS180 MGOC member from Huntingdon. Often in Cambridge so will look for the Blue car and badge on my travels

·
Registered
521 Posts
Seen the pictures on other thread. Shame MGR didn't offer those wheels as an option, looked stunning. But won't complain too much about those fitted, not at least until saturday when i'm banging my knuckles trying to clean them. Can't believe how dirty they get on the inside of the rims.

Pete.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Do the dishes? How quaint. Just joking I have very soft washing up hands. Thanks for the tip, do you know yet wether MGR are going to offer flaps anytime soon, the side of the car really takes a hammering.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Met another ZS on way to work this morning at Caxton Gibbet, Blue one that I think from St.Neots. Gradually seeing more. Huntingdon seems to have 2 other Blue ZS', including the only 5 door I have seen to date and 1 ZR in yellow. Local dealer seems to shift them from fourcourt but never see them on the road.

Pete

1 - 16 of 16 Posts