MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apparently I have a 3 year warranty on my car - 1st year manufacturer backed, and the 2nd/3rd years dealer backed.

What's the difference - any less cover after the first year? If not, why bother differentiating the cover.

Can someone a bit more clued up on this sort of thing answer?

(I suspect it's something to do with imports, but not sure???)

·
Registered
38 Posts
hi there

alittle explanation on warranty !

most MG-Rover cars come with the 3 year warranty , not sure why yours would come with one that is mg backed to start with (1st year) and dealer backed after.

its soething you see alot on honda, misubishi ,etc makes but not mg's.
its the first i have heard about it.
difference's :
dealer backed is an insurance kind of policy, meaning that every time a car is brought some money goes into a pot kind of thing , from this the dealer has to put a claim in for any work. if accepted it then comes out of that pot as it were.

MG-Rover, is just as it says !

hope this helps .

it may not be as exact as this so dont quote me on it !

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Thought that it had something to do with the fact that, in theory, any business can order a new MGR from the factory and that car will be warrantied for 12 months (legally has to be).
If, however, the car is bought from an officially franchised MGR dealership, then a further 2 years warranty are included. It's supposed to be some sort of incentive for buying from a main dealers as opposed to a car 'supermarket'.

·
Registered
38 Posts
still not sure ?

even cars brought from non dealers seem to have the full 3 year warranty on them , we are certainly working on this sort.

strange one really i will look into it some tomorrow !
:D

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
My MG brochure - which is a couple of months old - says 1 year MGR warranty, 2 years dealer warranty, 3 years total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.