MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
H who lives on our estate called in to see me yesterday in his Rover 75 Tourer. Very nice car, Ardent Green with 16" alloys. Talked about Le Mans as he intends going on the Thursady and coming back on Monday.

However, when leaving a Verbal Warning could be heard when he selected reverse and backed up. It went something like this "Stand Clear, this vehicle is reversing!"

NB - the warning was not in German or an American voice but middle class English.

Can't say who H works for and what he does as it might be rather sensitive. But does anyone know of a similiar "extra" that is available on the tourer.

Jim

G

·
Must only be on R75's, as the ZT drivers kneck still works to see if any ones behind. :D

Have to say I had reversing sensors on the 75 which I had, but with the Harmon Kardon Hi-Line gear I couldn't hear them (ask Matt to explain). I believe the noise is now much louder when reverse gear is engaged and the radar picks up an object. :) All cars should be fitted with this kit over a certain length.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know it's quite loud because H. reverses his car in the drive at night, so he can leave early morning without waking the neighbours.

Jim

1 - 3 of 3 Posts