MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in need of a replacement 1.8 k-series non-vvc bare engine as my old 120 engine has seized.
I've since bought a 180 so i'm now hoping to repair and sell the 120. I've got around £400, although i'm gonna need some of that for belts, head-gasket set etc. So looking to get an engine as cheap as possible :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I'm in need of a replacement 1.8 k-series non-vvc bare engine as my old 120 engine has seized.
I've since bought a 180 so i'm now hoping to repair and sell the 120. I've got around £400, although i'm gonna need some of that for belts, head-gasket set etc. So looking to get an engine as cheap as possible :)
Why would you buy an engine with a bust head gasket? If your splitting the engine anyhow you could save money and just buy the bottom end assuming thats whats broken.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point but most people seem to be selling either a complete engine and box or just an engine, the only blocks i have seen have been expensive.
Also i'm not sure exactly whats happened with my old engine, it may have snapped a rod, the head/valves could be damaged. I dont have a lot of free time to mess around rebuilding an engine completly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts