MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
Dave, sorry to send your thread 'off topic' but can you remember how much the MG XPower TF500 was when 'Oakfields' had it? My memory is terrible as I get older.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Not sure at the moment Gary - I did think it was around the £32,000 mark. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you over the weekend.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Here are a handful of photos of my 2001-2006 BTCC 'hero' card collection...

Since 2006, Kartworld have produced a variety of A3 and A4 posters for Jason Hughes and Fiona Leggate. I will get these photographed shortly and uploaded to complete the story.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I made my own 'Hero Card' for team RAC when Colin and Rob were driving, I will scan it this week and post also. I had lost it, but found it again recently.

Kelv

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'd be interested to see that Kelvin - I assume there was only the one card ever produced?

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I think I printed up a couple, and I thought I got 2 signed, but I can only find the one copy at the moment. And its more of a photo I guess than a card, so being a one off is quite unique!

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
Dave, that is a pretty impressive card collection. I wish I had known about these cards when I was going to the BTCC in 2006.

·
Registered
557 Posts
where can one be bought? I would like an xpower one jsut to put it with my ever growing collection of xpower memorabilia

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Dave, that is a pretty impressive card collection. I wish I had known about these cards when I was going to the BTCC in 2006.
Thanks Gary - they have taken a long time to colect I must admit. The 2004-2006 seasons are my favourite as WSR / Team RAC produced a new card for each race meeting, meaning there must be about 30 from these three seasons alone!

where can one be bought? I would like an xpower one jsut to put it with my ever growing collection of xpower memorabilia
You can't buy them anywhere 'Dan-izzle' - they were given away by teams during the pits walkabout at BTCC meetings. Occasionally they do come up on ebay from time to time, but that isn't that often I must admit.

Sometimes they are included with other touring car items, so you have to buy a collection of a few cards (Vauxhall, Seat, Proton, MG, Honda, etc) just to get one MG card! I've done that before and then re-sold the rest on ebay!

·
MG XPower.
2,119 Posts
Not sure at the moment Gary - I did think it was around the £32,000 mark. Leave it with me and I'll get back to you over the weekend.
Sorry about being 'off topic'.

From what I have found out MG XPower sold it at their auction for around £16,000 + Fee's.

Oakfield's sold it for £31,450.

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Nice one Kelvin - a totally unique version you have there. I like it, I like it a lot.

PS - Nice use of Photoshop as well! ;)

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
PS - Nice use of Photoshop as well!

Original picture taken on Media day, by yours truly, as the RAC cars came down
Paddock Hill. The de-saturation tool proved very useful to highlight the two orange cars. :)

Tried uploading the picture into the gallery, but for some reason it failed to appear, even though it said it had uploaded successfully.

Kelv

·
The Green Machine
3,920 Posts
That RAC one is very good, wouldn't mind one myself! :yup:

Ive got quite a few myself but there scattered about everywhere :hammerhea

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
There's a 2003 BTCC card on ebay at the moment for anyone interested - HERE!

Same as the one at bottom right on this photo, although unsigned...

21 - 38 of 38 Posts