MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wanted list for mk2 zs180

ITG Maxogen induction kit.

Duplex or pippercoss catback stainless system.

Front wheel arch liners both driver and passenger side.

Xpower seat belt shoulder covers 2 or 4.

Black/ gunmetal 17 inch straights or after market multi spoke 18 inch alloys with or with out tyres.

Xpower Gear nob / alloy petals

·
Registered
1,924 Posts

Duplex or pippercoss catback stainless system.

Front wheel arch liners both driver and passenger side.

Xpower seat belt shoulder covers 2 or 4.

Black/ gunmetal 17 inch straights or after market multi spoke 18 inch alloys with or with out tyres.

Xpower Gear nob / alloy petals
Top list!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers bud but i think it may take time to acquire these items =p

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool I've been quoted £372 from Demon Tweaks, can you beat this? =)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Yes please bare in mind tweaks sell hundreds and get much better buying power than us, as we only sell about 10 a year for customers cars.

£365.00 plus postage pm me your number please

Pete

·
Registered
600 Posts
Cheers bud but i think it may take time to acquire these items =p
wheel arch liners a pretty simple to get hold of cost me arouind £40 for second hand ones but once there cleaned up looked fine. go to a local scrap yard or get on to parts gateway its searches a few scrappies and they tell you the best price, weather the condition is new or old and you can send a picture of exactly what you need . i rarely ever have problems with them.

worth a try.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

You could save yourself alot of wonga and fit a ITG Maxogen filter and pipe it to the inner wing.

Total cost £80-£100 Max

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Good advice.......£365 for a can and filter is Highway Robbery,at least Dick Turpin wore a mask!!!
Well when its 12 bhp on a rolling road for a bolt on filter, how can you say you get what you pay for. ITG make performance filters bespoke for the car with carbon fibre box and spun alloy tumpets.

We back to back test the Piper Venom enclosed to the ITG and figures spoke for themselves. But 221 bhp on stock ecu and stock manifolds with 270cams & ITG makes me smile.

But on a race car power is everything, on a road car you will not be pushing on that hard so a halfords cone filter sounds better nothing but infact is worse than original set up.

·
19,410 Posts
Well when its 12 bhp on a rolling road for a bolt on filter, how can you say you get what you pay for. ITG make performance filters bespoke for the car with carbon fibre box and spun alloy tumpets.

We back to back test the Piper Venom enclosed to the ITG and figures spoke for themselves. But 221 bhp on stock ecu and stock manifolds with 270cams & ITG makes me smile.

But on a race car power is everything, on a road car you will not be pushing on that hard so a halfords cone filter sounds better nothing but infact is worse than original set up.
No one mentioned a Halfords cone filter:)

The cone filter mentioned is exactly the same as the one that comes in the Enclosed ITG you are selling.

One other point - The ITG box isn't Carbon Fibre its made from E-Glass.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
No one mentioned a Halfords cone filter:)

The cone filter mentioned is exactly the same as the one that comes in the Enclosed ITG you are selling.

One other point - The ITG box isn't Carbon Fibre its made from E-Glass.
Mate

not here to argue the ITG is a designed for the KV6 installation in the ZS the Piper is a generic size with a differnt pipe and gave 12 bhp less.

Maxogen airflow systems are revolutionary kits that enable cold, dense air to reach the fuel metering unit more efficiently.

These remarkable units candeliver as much as 9% more effective peak power at the wheels, and in some cases at 500rpm less revs in doing so.

itg fully road test all prototypes to prove their durability and performance, and each kit is tested on the rolling road to fully enhance it’s capabilities for that particular car. This means we are able to offer power and torque graphs for each kit we supply.

ITG induction Kit’s are typically constructed from a light weight carbon fibre to the highest possible standard. In some cases there is an aluminium option available which offers the same patented design at a more affordable price.

Each silicone hose is designed and made for that specific application and the kits come complete with all the stainless fittings required and a full comprehensive set of fitting instructions.

·
19,410 Posts
Mate

not here to argue the ITG is a designed for the KV6 installation in the ZS the Piper is a generic size with a differnt pipe and gave 12 bhp less.
You have lost me now:err:

What exactly is the Piper? and what pipe is different to give 12bhp less?

Whatever a Piper Venom is i have no idea what you are talking about.:)

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You have lost me now:err:

What exactly is the Piper? and what pipe is different to give 12bhp less?

Whatever a Piper Venom is i have no idea what you are talking about.:)
Pipercross air filter with enclosure,

these are universal fitting but give a good level of performance for a budget
enclosed system

http://www.pipercross.net/competition/products_venom.asp

At the end of the day the ITG is the best solution for the KV6 engine, it is bespoke in design and gives best power of any product in the market for the
MGZS 2.5 KV6.

Like tyres, Toyo R888 are one of the finest performance road legal tyres
but they are £179 each and a nangchan or some other micky mouse make
will go up and down the motorway and be £40 quid.

However I yet to see a race / track car use them.

In life you get what you pay for.

To be fair we are trying to make parts cheaper for people on here as MG owners and massive fans. If you think thats wrong then fair enough.

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
I should have a dulex backbox for sale soon.
Has a adjustable valve welded on the 2nd pipe as well so you can run both pipes like normal or just the main one. ( quiet or loud....:)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Pipercross air filter with enclosure,

these are universal fitting but give a good level of performance for a budget
enclosed system

http://www.pipercross.net/competition/products_venom.asp

At the end of the day the ITG is the best solution for the KV6 engine, it is bespoke in design and gives best power of any product in the market for the
MGZS 2.5 KV6.

Like tyres, Toyo R888 are one of the finest performance road legal tyres
but they are £179 each and a nangchan or some other micky mouse make
will go up and down the motorway and be £40 quid.

However I yet to see a race / track car use them.

In life you get what you pay for.

To be fair we are trying to make parts cheaper for people on here as MG owners and massive fans. If you think thats wrong then fair enough.
On the subject of economics,why would someone want to spend the equivalent of 15 to 20% of the residual value of their vehicle on induction.Hence the cheaper alternatives suggested.

·
19,410 Posts
At the end of the day the ITG is the best solution for the KV6 engine
You can buy the same Cone filter for £50 and i my eyes the rest of the bits are worth another £50-£80 and not £320.

There is no proof whatsoever that the ITG is the best for the ZS 180 and i think you will find that most of the fastest MG ZS 180s on here had either a ITG Open cone or a BMC CDA installed.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
You can buy the same Cone filter for £50 and i my eyes the rest of the bits are worth another £50-£80 and not £320.

There is no proof whatsoever that the ITG is the best for the ZS 180 and i think you will find that most of the fastest MG ZS 180s on here had either a ITG Open cone or a BMC CDA installed.
Paul,

RUBBISH............. SHOW ME THE SPEC AND POWERCURVES

Fastest MGZS at Silverstone & Snetterton this year was mine. SO the fastest racing ZS in the MGCC with a nasp engine fitted with ITG.

Rolling road figures prove it.

So your statement is complete rubbish as ever.

I HAVE TO SAY YOUR ARE A COMPLETE MUPPET WHY DO YOU ARGUE ABOUT THINGS FOR THE FUN, THAT YOU HAVE NO INTEREST OR KNOWLEDGE IN.

you wonder why people dont come on this forum much.

·
19,410 Posts
All i am doing is pointing out there is more than one choice.

Paying £375 or whatever is not the only option:)

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Nice advice i love the power you got with cams and ITG. the thing is my car is going to be used road and air field days, that and im a power whore ;p

Like tyres, Toyo R888 are one of the finest performance road legal tyres but they are £179 each and a nangchan or some other micky mouse make will go up and down the motorway and be £40 quid.
I hope to find some 888's for the air field days but do you think its worth getting a second hand set as its only air field and not full on track? Will I need a dry sump for this?

wheel arch liners a pretty simple to get hold of cost me arouind £40 for second hand ones but once there cleaned up looked fine. go to a local scrap yard or get on to parts gateway its searches a few scrappies and they tell you the best price, weather the condition is new or old and you can send a picture of exactly what you need . i rarely ever have problems with them. worth a try.
Nice cheers for the info dude =)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts