MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

In the process of repairing my VIS and it looks like I need a new relay. Can't find an exact replica only very similar from RS. Anyone used these near miss relays?

Also, while it is in bits thought I would change the micro switches but again I can't see what look like accurate replacements so not sure what to get.

Any help desperately needed.

thanks

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hello

In the process of repairing my VIS and it looks like I need a new relay. Can't find an exact replica only very similar from RS. Anyone used these near miss relays?

Also, while it is in bits thought I would change the micro switches but again I can't see what look like accurate replacements so not sure what to get.

Any help desperately needed.

thanks
Can do you a brand new pair of MGR Vis Vlaves for 135 if easier

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
I've repaired my VIS valves a couple of times, the last repair was the longest lasting - when I bolted the microswitches to the PCB. I did find one of the relays had a high resistance when the contacts were closed, I managed to open the relay and clean the burning off the contacts with 1000 grade wet and dry - not ideal, but it has lasted 2 years and still works.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I want to try and fix them first but may end up with new ones!!

Turns out the switches and relays are all working fine. Just having an issue with the balance valve not moving through 90 degrees as per the other thread I have started. It only travels about 25 degrees which doesnt close or fully open it!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts