MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As it states in the title, I am after a set of vented discs and calipers for the 45 TD. I need them before the car kills me.

Am in South Somerset.

What have you got, where are you and of course how much?

·
Registered
382 Posts
Thanks for that but I can get rebuilt and new discs for that price with the postage.
I am confused by your reply; would you be good enough to share with the rest of the community where you can buy a pair of recon calipers for £31, and a set of new discs & pads for £28?

And, moreover, if you already know where to get them that cheap why are you asking on here for sources?

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Thats a good find Shroon, competitive prices as well, with a 12 month warranty!!

Just ordered myself a rear brake caliper. :yup:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
whats up with your brakes? I've had a 45 and the brakes where fine, sure your reluctor rings arn't shot? (in which case new calipers and disc's won't cure the problem)

unless your driving like a total loon I can't see why you'd need to upgrade them??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
whats up with your brakes? I've had a 45 and the brakes where fine, sure your reluctor rings arn't shot? (in which case new calipers and disc's won't cure the problem)

unless your driving like a total loon I can't see why you'd need to upgrade them??
Before I get all stroppy at the second part of your reply what effect would reluctor rings being shot have?

·
Registered
407 Posts
the reluctor rings would only be an issue when travelling slowly as it causes the ABS to kick in too early.

I am not surprised that you are after a set of vented disks, the 45, is a heavy old engined car to have solids up front. I was amazed to see that some R45's came with it as standard.

You should consider either the 262 vented setup or go the 'whole hog' and look for the 282 setup from the ZS180 or ZR160, depending on whether you like to late brake or not really :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Before I get all stroppy at the second part of your reply what effect would reluctor rings being shot have?
nothing wrong with driving like a loon ;) (in the right places)

as said, broken rings will cause the abs to kick in at odd times, on my zs it caused me to overshoot a roundabout and almost rear end a mates 911 when trying to stop on gravel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts