MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1/4 mile drag which would win?

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
wow, all this time on the forum and ive literally only just found out how usefull the ignore function can be, saves reading loads of unwanted garbage!

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
They are masters of ` DRAGGING ` up old threads. maybe to boost there own post counts ! pmsl
Nah!

Nothing to do with upping any post counts George, There are MUCH easier ways of doing that than trawling back through the forum, We just do it every now n then to try n Educate those we feel can still reach (well that's my excuse anyway), and sometimes anyway- dragging up old posts can be very interesting/helpfull in some respects!

·
Registered
239 Posts
If you two ever meet can I come and watch. Infact **** it I'll bring a ZR that would make them both silly afterwards lol.

·
12,325 Posts
If you two ever meet can I come and watch. Infact **** it I'll bring a ZR that would make them both silly afterwards lol.
id like to see your project zr, when its complete can i pop along for a neb and a drive.
I wouldnt even try to compete in a straight line, as i know when you guys say something its not just b.s to try and impress folks, so im reckoning there must be some serious power on the way....good stuff.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Dave

If Andy’s (Not ANR) car could make both yours and Georges look silly on the ¼ mile he would have to be pushing a lot of power in a light shell.
Making George's M5 look silly the said MG would need to be running sub 12’s into the 11’s, in a 25 shell that’s going to take close to 500bhp for a high 11 in a full weight car.
Friend of mine runs a Rover coupé turbo and a shot of NOS, the car is stripped to the hilt and runs 888’s and solid rear suspension, his best time is a high 11.

Come on Andy, tell us what you have?

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
I dont see how he can make my M5 look silly.

I dont need to strip my executive saloon out everytime i want to run at pod.

Also, I can run a high 12 with 4 passengers and a nice cd on the go. Plus, like Ed has already said, i could keep running them times all day.... could they?

G

·
Registered
239 Posts
Lmao well i'm sworn to secrecy ATM but once complete you'll know. The shell is only lightly stripped it's more to do with power and how it's made and put down. And the funniest thing is it cost a quarter of the price of an M5 lol. I personally reckon if dave can drive it (which I reckon he can) then he should just he able to pip George.

·
12,325 Posts
Lmao well i'm sworn to secrecy ATM but once complete you'll know. The shell is only lightly stripped it's more to do with power and how it's made and put down. And the funniest thing is it cost a quarter of the price of an M5 lol. I personally reckon if dave can drive it (which I reckon he can) then he should just he able to pip George.

whats the most powerfull t turbo youve currently built, what torque is it making and is all the drivetrain handling it ok ?

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
Could this secret zr be powered by a NON MGR setup though!??????;)

·
I miss you Dad!!!!!!
10,620 Posts
:lol:;)

Should be an absolute beast.

·
Economy motoring
2,301 Posts
Maybe some sort of 4x4 setup would see it launch better than a rwd/fwd:whistle:
I'm trying to think of a very powerful 4x4 that could be used as a donar car!!!

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Well we will never know as he doesnt want the pressure ;lol

G

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Think I read a thread about this, great idea and build.

·
Registered
239 Posts
The most powerful T-16 is the 450+ beasty we're just finishing off. But on the road a 340+ the car handles the power beautifully.

Non T series we're just on with a 600+RB26 skyline and have built a 440bhp MR2 great in a straight line truly frightening round a bend lol.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts