MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a bit of a panic on as the VVC metro is playing up and I'm supposed to be going to the ring on Sunday night. :sad::confused::dunno:

Problem is it cuts out after running for about 5 seconds when started, even with more revs it still drops out. If you try and re start straight after it wont fire up, but left for a few minutes it fires up fine. The Fuel pressure seems ok at 3bar.

Could it be a sensor somewhere?

Any help appreciated as I need to fix it today.

Rob

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Think its the immobiliser, cuts out without hesitation after I lock then unlock the car and pretty sure no spark when I try to fire up gain straight after it goes out. Its an Avatal alarm, any ideas?

Cheers for a fast reply.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Thats characturistics of a mis-matched ECU and 5AS.

Check your wiring connections from the ECU all the way to the 5AS incase the communication wire has been damaged or a connector plug is loose first. If everything is ok so you have contiuity from the ECU to the 5AS then one of the units has dropped out of range. Its not un common for this to happen as its usually an early indication of either the ECU or the 5AS on its way out.

Your going to need to have them re-alligned. I can do this for hyou in you need and are able to get chance before you need to go.

Reactions: witness

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thats characturistics of a mis-matched ECU and 5AS.

Check your wiring connections from the ECU all the way to the 5AS incase the communication wire has been damaged or a connector plug is loose first. If everything is ok so you have contiuity from the ECU to the 5AS then one of the units has dropped out of range. Its not un common for this to happen as its usually an early indication of either the ECU or the 5AS on its way out.

Your going to need to have them re-alligned. I can do this for hyou in you need and are able to get chance before you need to go.
Cheers for the reply, had a good look today but cant find anything that looks out of place, some of the existing wiring is a bit of a mess to say the least. The 5as is under the glove box with the Avital bits near the cabin fuse box. Its the immobiliser that's holding off the fuel injectors for some reason. I'm guessing this is going to be a right pain in the ar5e to fix as there is no OBD port and its either the 5as or Avital alarm that's doing it??

Looks like the ring trip is off in the metro just got to pray the ZS is ok after being in the garage for a few months. :sad: If not I'm staying here......

At least it didn't happen in Germany, anyone got the number for international rescue, knowing my luck lately i'll need em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts