MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys looking for some advice from people in the know.

I have a late MK 1 ZS 180, I recently bought all the kit for rear electric window conversion, i checked first and have all the necessary plugs etc.

I attempted to start this today, I have stripped all of one side and plugged everything in but it is not working

problem I have is that I cant fit the motor correctly as it is slightly out and I can't adjust it without the power!

I have to drive 70 miles to work tommorow and don't really want to have to put the manual winder back in, I also don't want my motor and window falling out on the way down the motorway!

I am wondering if both sides need to be plugged in to 'complete the circuit' but don't want to strip the second side just for it still not to work.

I know with the MK 2's it needs to be connected to diagnostics for the windows to be turned on but didn't think this was the case with the MK 1.

The fronts are working fine with the new switches so don't think its a problem with the wiring.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed as I had hoped to get this done today before the long drive tommorrow.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I don't really have any answer to your problem, but late mk1 had the Pektron scu like the mk2, but as your front windows work ok I doubt that is the problem.

The windows should work with only one plugged in, I'm pretty sure the fronts did when I converted to electric fronts on a mk2.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it will have to wait till next weekend now, will have to plug the other side and see if I get any joy.
Fingers crossed

·
MG ZS 180 MGB GT V8
159 Posts
Check that you have the fuses and relays fitted for the rear window winders, they are in the fusebox under the steering wheel and should be detailed in your user manual - if not on the fusebox lid.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Checked the fuse but not the relay, will have to check tom

cheers

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The on/off switch on the centre consol also kills power to the rear EW's. Make sure that its in the On position or the switches wont engage the actuators. Also, its worth giving the multi pin plugs a wiggle whist simultaneously depressing the switch, as mine were not connecting 100% even though everything was wired up correctly. I was sure the actuators were knackered until i tried this and they suddenly sprung into life.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Check that you have the fuses and relays fitted for the rear window winders, they are in the fusebox under the steering wheel and should be detailed in your user manual - if not on the fusebox lid.
Ok I have checked the fuses and they are present but checking the relays (to the right of the fuses) there are only 2 fitted and several empty sockets.

I have looked in the Haynes and owners manual but cannot find any reference as to where the rear window relay would go, what size, type, or indeed if seperate ones are needed for the rears.

Can any of you guys advise.

Would be very grateful

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yep it is missing relays, just need to get hold of some now

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Here is an extract from the RAVE manual, as far as I remember most of the relays are the same type - certainly the heated seat and window lift/sunroof ones are.
Thats exactly what I was after, thanks for that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts