MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just found out that my thermo has got a leak and now no this to be a common prob with the zs180's,i have been told that there is an uprated kit you can use/buy but i have just obtained a standard one for next to nothing and was wondering if anyone no's how to strengthen the standard one?i will be fitting it at the weekend as now been made redundant so time on my hands :(

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have been made redundant, i'm sure another job will turn up soon for you.

I don't think there is anyway to uprate or strengthen the standard plastic thermostat, you would be better fitting it as you have it, you could always buy the upgraded metal one as a back up for the future. :yup:

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
i have just obtained a standard one for next to nothing
You have got the correct one ? do you have the part number of the one you bought ?

I'm pretty sure there is a Land Rover part that is very similar but different . . .

This is what I bought when I had mine done plus OAT Anti Freeze as well . .

PEM101050 Thermostat & housing £26.71

PEP103270 Curved pipe £8.83

PEP101970 Straight pipe £4.00

PYC101320 Plastic clip x2 £3.23 ea

MYX100180 O ring x3 £4.98 ea

LWF100090 Seal Inlet manifiold x3 £2.82 ea

LKJ100992 Inlet manifold gasket x2 £4.78 ea

all prices excluding VAT

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Yeah, I made the mistake of getting the landrover one off ebay. They are different. I was lucky enough to get a refund as it was advertised as fitting the zs.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
You have got the correct one ? do you have the part number of the one you bought ?

I'm pretty sure there is a Land Rover part that is very similar but different . . .

This is what I bought when I had mine done plus OAT Anti Freeze as well . .

PEM101050 Thermostat & housing £26.71

PEP103270 Curved pipe £8.83

PEP101970 Straight pipe £4.00

PYC101320 Plastic clip x2 £3.23 ea

MYX100180 O ring x3 £4.98 ea

LWF100090 Seal Inlet manifiold x3 £2.82 ea

LKJ100992 Inlet manifold gasket x2 £4.78 ea

all prices excluding VAT
Were the parts from XPart? I thought the thermostat cost much more than that, but I guess it's only plastic.

Did you fit the new thermostat yourself with the Haynes manual? Wanted too know how easy it is to do, and if it can be done over a weekend for future reference? :)

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
Were the parts from XPart? I thought the thermostat cost much more than that, but I guess it's only plastic.

Did you fit the new thermostat yourself with the Haynes manual? Wanted too know how easy it is to do, and if it can be done over a weekend for future reference? :)
The parts were from my local ex- MG Rover dealership, Colliers, Erdington, BIRMINGHAM . . . don't forget to add VAT to them.

The O rings and gaskets together cost more than the thermostat housing. :D

I didn't do it myself, I had it done as part of a service.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
It's not too difficult to do. Easier to do when having belts changed though. I was charged £15 by Lates in with the belt jobbie.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i do have the thermo no but does anyone have a picture of the thermostat so can see if it looks the same,the car place i got it from said it was from a rover zs180 as gave my reg number so not been wrong before but always a first time i guess!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts