MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quick update on myself and family for all those who know me/us.

After getting a new job, we have relocated to the south coast, Worthing to be exact.

Settling into new job (works manager) and just about settled into new apartment. We didn't realise we had so much crap built up in our house.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Welcome to West Sussex - I'm only just up the road in Horsham.

Who are you working for?

James

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the well wishes.

From getting confirmation of getting the job to starting work, we had 3 weeks to find somewhere to live (ridiculous prices), put our house up for sale and move. It took a herculean effort and we are still not there yet.
But I give my family and myself a big pat on the back for accomplishing everything and supporting me in this big upheaval.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Think it was a fantastic effort and a good result, don't think I would fancy doing all that, with that time scale.

:wave:

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Congrats, welcome down here, I am just up the road in Brighton!
Was in Brighton last night for a walk down the pier. It was choccablock full of foreign students. So many from one end of the pier to the other we thought we had gone through some sort of worm hole and ended up in a different reality.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Graham Wood Structural in Lancing
Never heard of them which is unusual having spent over 20 years driving around the South East, even stranger is that I work in the same industry for WT Burdens at Gatwick, our core business is as a civil engineering merchant, largest in the country.

Well done with the speedy move, it'd have taken me months.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Just a quick update on myself and family for all those who know me/us.

After getting a new job, we have relocated to the south coast, Worthing to be exact.

Settling into new job (works manager) and just about settled into new apartment. We didn't realise we had so much crap built up in our house.
Good luck Alan in your new venture.

Has the lad moved down with you?

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Hey Alan, as I said in person a few months ago 'all the best' how are you settling in at work and hows your seafront appartments?

We've just moved house and it was a major bind moving 4 miles never mind a few hundred miles. Hope your settled.

·
Now in a 3
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey Alan, as I said in person a few months ago 'all the best' how are you settling in at work and hows your seafront appartments?

We've just moved house and it was a major bind moving 4 miles never mind a few hundred miles. Hope your settled.
Eyup Rob. Settling into work really well. Brilliant living on the sea front.
They speak really funny down here LOL.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts