MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an update on the Spectre monogram MGZS180 I bought awhile ago.

Exhaust I found too loud so the rear exhaust box has been replaced with a standard rear exhaust box.
Had to make up a proper exhaust joint as it had been removed.

Rear blacked out windows removed

All windscreen stickers removed

Phoneholder stuck to the dash removed

Broken dash trim pocket replaced

Extreem spoiler sprayed and drying/hardening and being attached in January

To do
Re-align the rear bumper
Replace centre consol trim

Not sure yet if i'm going to keep the cone induction as i'm not a fan of the 'hissing' noise under the bonnet, saying that now the exhaust box has been replaced it does make a lovely sound.
I will post up some piccys when the spoiler has been attached, it'll look much better with that on.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That will look spot on when you put the rear spoiler on
Thanks Ian.
Taken me a while to get round to having it done so for a new year prezzy to myself I finally booked it in.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Will be good to see it with a proper spoiler; how did the colour match turn out?
No idea yet as it's still in the sprayers booth, should be ok though as he's very good. Used him a few times before and he's always done a good job.

·
General dogsbody!!
113 Posts
Am i wrong in saying i prefer the small subtle spoiler, rather then the extreme one?

Lovely colour mind.

Cheers
Dave

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
Am i wrong in saying i prefer the small subtle spoiler, rather then the extreme one?

Lovely colour mind.

Cheers
Dave
Only you would know if you are wrong or not!

But I guess he will have the best of both worlds - by having both fitted at the same time :)

I prefer the MK2 hatch with only the lip spoiler, not sure about the saloon, I think both looks quite good.

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
dont know if i like these flippy floppy colours...........

Looks lovely Jeff

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your nice comments guys
Was on the A15 the other day coming back from Hull and spotted a pre-faclift MGZT in Spectre coming the other way when I was driving my ZT. Bit too quick for me to get a picture though

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Stunning colour, looks amazing!

Cheers,
Matt
OT a little, is that dark fantasy? Never thought I liked flip paint but typhoon is awesome, and DF jsut has something about it that looks amazing. Not sure on the pinky purple jeff but I am sure in the flesh it looks better.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's better.
Just need to put the spoiler allen bolts back in and it's done.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts