MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a quickie- My 160 was delivered to me with Pirelli 'P-Zeros' fitted when all the sales brochures state that Michelin Pilots are fitted as standard...not that I'm complaining, as I prefer Pirellis anyway! I would be interestred to know if any other 'Zeds' have been supplied with differnt tyres to Michelins?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Michelins on bth my ZS and Elaine's ZR, although some of the cars in the dealers showroom have Pirellis fitted.
At launch the Michelins were not available and so a different tyre had to be fitted.
Seem to think that there is another thread about this somewhere.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Found the previous thread,
Kerbed Trophey Wheel on the MGF board.

·
Registered
362 Posts
My 105+ was delivered with Michelins which i have found ok in the recent dry weather.

I am a great fan of Pirelli P5000 Drago's, and when the wet weather kicks in again i'm gonna whack those on my wheels coz there ain't a better tyre in a puddle.;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
mine also has the michelins but once they are warn out I will be upgrading to the P5000's. MGZR105+ had them on his old motor and they stuck to the ground like glue in wet weather.

·
Registered
46 Posts
What's the going rate for a 205/45 R17 tyre?

What's the going rate for a 205/45 R17 tyre? I feel I am going to have a shock when it comes to replacing one ... or so my friends say! ;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
Re: What's the going rate for a 205/45 R17 tyre?

J-Bo said:
What's the going rate for a 205/45 R17 tyre? I feel I am going to have a shock when it comes to replacing one ... or so my friends say! ;)
I have come across a couple of places that will only relieve you of £120-125 each for P Zeros, balanced and fitted. Looks like I should be getting 8500 - 9000 miles from a pair on the front of my ZS180 - so not too bad but still a reasonably significant running cost!

S.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Unfortunately, Good Year don't do anything in 18" for our ZT 190+ at all, let alone Eagle F1s.

I've heard good things about Eagle F1s, but it'll have to be Conti's or the same Michelins that are on there (Pilot Sports).

I don't know what the Conti's are like, all I know is that they are much cheaper!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Not in 225/45ZR18 though - that's the size of the ZT 190+ tyres. They're quite wide!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Pirellis or Michelins?

Although both tyres are the same size 205/45/17 the edge profiles are different! the Pirellies are squarer and may rub on a heavilly ladden car and the michelins have a rounder edge profileto avoid such problems.
Having driven cars with both types of tyers in the damp if i had a choice i'd definately go for the michelins as i find they provide much better grip .

·
Registered
388 Posts
Does anyone have experience of the Dunlop SP9000 or Yokohama A539? These are, apparently, both available in 205/45R17. What Martin says about rubbing is a valid point. I have P Zeros on my ZS180 and have had them rub the insides of the wheel arches once or twice, albeit in unusual circumstances.

S.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Tim is right, Micheldever tyres are cheap
£190 for 2 x PZero's 205/45 R17's

Kwikfit quoted £145 each !!!

They are very popular, I had to queue for an hour but it was worth it.

I recommened them to any MG driver.

:D :D :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts